Me, Myself and My Work
----------------------------------


HARD AT WORK: Working the crowd outside the mortuary during a crime case.


Woah, it's really hard to get a picture of myself. I've become, through the years, very camera-shy. I seldom have pictures of myself. Don't get me wrong, I really like to see photos of myself. I like to see how different my face changes as I grow older.
It's weird how calm and 'in control' I look in the picture. I'm full of concentration. Sometimes I don't know what I'm doing. But really, what other people see about you is a totally different thing.

Maybe, to a certain extent, I do know what I'm doing. It's just our fear which make us think that we're not doing it right.
Or sometimes it's just ourselves who think too much about how we feel- being too cooped up in our heads.



************************************************************************************



The movie 'Good Night and Good Luck' is about this TV news show back in the late 40s and early fifties which was famous for telling truthful stories to the audience. Among the best exposes the show dealt with was bringing to book a junior senator who was prosecuting innocent people who he felt were communists.
The show is all about hardfacts news and telling the stories about political corruption during that era.

Towards the ending, when the show airs for the final time, the main actor laments on how many Americans prefer to watch entertainment shows instead of shows about real-life issues.

Hmm..entertainment and fluff over serious issues (i.e government big shots accusing people of being communists without having any evidence.)

The movie stars David Strathairn, George Clooney, Patricia Heaton, and Robert Downey Jr, among others.

Comments

Popular Posts