So what's up?
I called up a colleague whom I haven't been in contact with for a long time. I asked her how to translate a law term from Malay to English. Needless to say, she still sounds the same. I last saw her in December. It's weird to think that me and her used to hang out a lot. A LOT. But now, we're just friends who live far apart. Life's pretty weird when it comes to long-distance friendships. I had a whole gang of friends when I worked in KL. And when I was transfered away, I had to leave them. It was damn hard and sad to do that. It's so surreal to think that I had packed my bags three years ago and left for an unknown place. I totally uprooted myself. Of course, at first, I was living like a nomad. The first houses I rented felt like temporary shelters. My belongings were very minimal, spartan- matress, TV, DVD player- that's it. I bought my first piece of furniture when I moved to my third house. But after living here for three years, I reckon I need actual furniture to function comfortably. It's hard to make do with only a clothes rack and shelves to store clothes. I finally bought a proper wardrobe cupboard last month.
But I admit, I still have clothes stuffed in suitcases- not because I feel that it's all temporary. No. It's because I genuinely have too much clothes.

So I suppose I would really need to bring a lot of stuff if I move away. But I'm not worried. I could always sell some of my stuff and hire a lorry for the rest. People do it all the time.
While you could replace furniture, you can never replace friends. I do miss my friends in KL. But thankfully, I've gained friends here as well. So it's all really good lah. I suppose one could find friends anywhere they go. It just takes some patience. Argh..

-------Today, I was stressed out. I had a bunch of work to do. In the morning I had a court case which turned out to be confusing at first. But once I got a grasp of things, the proceeding was pretty straight forward. It helps to take deep breaths when you're freaking out. Of course, it's easier said than done. When I got to the office, I was stressed because of the amount of tasks I needed to complete before my leave. I'm going on leave at the end of next week, but I need to arrange for pictures, set up interviews and call several people up, and of course I need to file some stuff before I go off to Terengganu next week.

I was overwhelmed at the thought of all those tasks. Just thinking about those tasks disrupted my breathing. I panicked for a moment. I had even let it out on my colleagues- not in a bad way though. I was just freaking out in front of my office mates. One of them said, "Dah tension dah dia ni". You betcha!

But I finished up the day's story. And then I called up the academician I was supposed to call yesterday. Finally got some great stuff for my story. Later I found out that my deadline for that particular story has been pushed to next week. Though I was slightly relieved, it still means I have to file my work before my vacation. So now I'm just going for "doing things one at a time".

---------It was my off day yesterday, so I went down south. Met up with Zhenpei. He's got a new blog now. I think it's called 2l1 something...have to check with him again. We hung out at Starbucks while I sipped on coffee. Zhenpei had his Dulce De Leche thingy. It was very milky. Going down south is always fun for me, hehe

Comments

Popular Posts