Matthey Perry's character in Friends, Chandler was a commitment-phobic yuppie with huge dose of sarcasm. Towards the middle of the Friends 10-year run, Chandler found love in Monica, and he slowly learned to commit himself to someone. If only that happened to ALL of us commitment-phobic dudes and dudettes out there!




Hey!!!!



My brain is haywire right now. I had just taken a week's leave to lepak around the house and take care of mum at the hospital- but I don't feel rested. Well, it was kinda like a working holiday.
Mum had partial knee surgery. She was in a lotta pain during the first day post-operation. But thankfully her condition is improving by the day.

I spent 9 days in JB hanging around, meeting up with my good pal Brenda and hanging out with my significant other, Number Three. Brenda, Number Three and I spent last Sunday eating at Vivo Pasta & Pizza restaurant at Tebrau City shopping mall. We just hung out but it was kinda weird. I am seldom in a situation where my partner is with my real friends. I can never mix the two.

It's important for my friends to get along with whoever I'm seeing. Brenda gets along well with No.3 and vice versa but there are some kinks. Brenda thinks that No.3 is a bit boiterous, i.e embarrassingly loudmouthed whenever he goes out to the cinema. I kinda agree.
The three of us were watching the Watchmen and as usual, No.3 had a weird comment about a lot of things and made those comment heard by everyone sitting close by. OK, I like No.3 and I must admit it is a weird trait of No.3. But I am pretty much ready to accept it.
It does not matter, because at the end of the day there are two people who are trying to make this relationship work. Of course, friends and family would be involved sooner or later, but let's just cross that bridge when we get to it, ok?

Right now, I am so so worried about keeping this relationship alive and kicking. I think it has been almost a month, and I am in unfamiliar territory.
Dude, I am totally clueless in this.
When I think of No.3, I only see a simple homebody who likes to hang out at home and lepak. I see a pharmacy worker who is finally finding his passion in work. Don't get me started on his taste in music.

Thankfully, his radio at home is always switched on to Sinar FM, this retro radio channel which plays both Malay and English soothing songs. I notice that whenever there is a Malay song, he often sings cause he knows it, but I am usually left clueless. Whenever an 80's or early 90's English song comes on, I start humming the tune and he becomes clueless
Basically, we are two very different people.

Did I mention that No. 3 is stil getting over a break-up from late last year. Argh, that's a disadvantage for me already!

But I would soon go mad thinking and dissecting every aspect of our relationship. I just want to be. I just want to go with the flow and make it all worth my while.

Comments

Popular Posts