My family had a new Raya tradition this year. On the last day of fasting, when the whole family gathered for the final breaking of fast, we performed the Maghrib prayers together.
It was amazing, and totally unexpected. My father insisted that we spread out sejadahs on our living room floor and pray together as a family.
So my brother and sister and their respective broods joined in the prayers, with my mother sitting on her special folded chair (her legs hurt). My father led the congregation. For the first time in many many years, I felt like I was part of a family.
And it was the most wonderful experience for Hari Raya Aidilfitri.
So what, if I have personal problems? I know my problems make it seem like the end of the world, but really, they are tiny when compared to the world's problems. My problems are tiny as compared to problems of others- my friends included.

I have been bombarded with stories of problems affecting friends and relatives.
The days before Raya were filled with sad stories from a friend. Raya talk in my household often consists of sad stories about down-and-out relatives. And my mother would always have the last say in the chatting session, by saying something like :
"That's why as a husband and father, you must respect your parents..." or
"As a wife or husband, you must help out with the expenses."

My brother's recent life is a sad story. But he chooses to avoid any talk about it, despite pestering from my mother.

So you see, we should be thankful for whatever life we have, regardless of how imperfect we think it is.


And while my problems are just as serious, they are manageable. I mean, I'm sure I can get around them. I got dumped by someone I loved. It's one of the most hardest experiences in my life, but hey, I must be strong. I must be cool about it and move on.

Comments

Anonymous said…
nyah mak so the terharu to baca this posting. this is one of your best ones ever. mak tetap sayang ko


love ratu
Hayden Ahmad said…
tq ratu
Anis said…
Take care, sweetheart. We're always here for you. remember that
Hayden Ahmad said…
hey anis.....have a great vacation...and yeah, I'll contact you whenever there's any drama
Anonymous said…
Hello. And Bye.
Anonymous said…
good morning bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for that particular brand. The prices for the boots are all over 310 dollars on every page. But finally I bring about this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what can you say about it?
Anonymous said…
hello ppl. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for that exact model. The prices for the sneakers were about 340 bucks everwhere. But definitively I bring about this site selling them for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

Popular Posts