I wonder what it's like to be soldier fighting a war. Having death hanging above your head every waking second, knowing full well that every breath you take, every thing you do, may be your last.

I'm sure I would think differently, than what I think now.

I won't be worrying about being too tired because I have been overworked. I won't care about the assignments I have to go to or the story I need to file, or the words I need to conjure to construct flowing paragraphs.

-----------

I received a comment from a reader in this blog. The comment questioned my motives for writing my stories- as in, what am I really achieving. It got me to thinking.

-----------

What I'm really thinking is that we get too fucking caught with the unnecessary things- paperwork, deadlines, administrative work- that we lose sight of our job. OUR JOB. My job is to get stories and write them. His job is to bake wonderful cakes.
Her job is to sweep the street as clean as possible. Oh, his your job is to run the country as Prime Minister.

God knows, I get caught up with the administrative work, deadlines, etc, clearing other people's story. Being a guy, it makes me less able to multi-task, but that's a lame-ass excuse, for a guy.


It's like this court case I just got, a factory was with thousands fake coins were seized. So, the case goes to court and the factory owner is charged, but four years later the case is thrown out because the prosecution could not prove its case.
The defence team of this factory owner proved to the court that there was no case- the prosecutors had no case against them. So what happened? The dude was acquitted. When I was typing the story, I got to thinking- what I write may affect the lawyers and case and all that shit. The lawyer I talked to actually referred to cut-out of newspaper articles when he explained the case to me. Bits of the article was highlighted in pen.

Would my writing make a difference to the case? Maybe. Maybe not.

Argh...I know the writing here plays a big role in stuff. But how do I use that power.
Why do I do this, if at all I need to ask this question. Most people just go through life and not ask such psycho questions.

I am signing off.
True to the Word. Read.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Hayden,

You are right. Some people fail to do their JOB.

They just turn up for work. Do stuff. Talk. Have lunch. Do some mouse clicks. Type stuff. Print stuff. Xerox things. Talk to boss. talk to colleagues. And go back.

Get the money. Get that car. Get those women/men. Fuck. Get that house. Buy stuff... buy stuff... buy stuff... Sleep. Eat. Fuck. Eat. Fuck. Sleep. Eat. Fuck.

Like zombies... every single day... the same old shit...

I know some other people who aren't so 'lucky'. They seem to be 'lost'... drifting in their imaginations. Detached from this reality. They have no particular routines. They have no plans. They are un'success'ful. They live in a self-made dreamland.

They seem almost unreal. They do not covet most things people covet.

They desire less, own little and are easily gratified.

I think they're a bit off. Crazy. Insane. But I love and envy them the most.
Hayden Ahmad said…
ahhhhh...anonymous, you are lucky to love this "crazy/Insane" person
Anonymous said…
Hello Hayden,

With great powers comes great responsiblity.

Newspaper and media reporter shape the minds of the masses. Ask people, how many of them read their bible everyday? Then, ask them how many of them read the news everyday? The answer to that will reveal to you the extent of your powers and responsibility.

Ask lawyers, how many of the use newspaper clippings for their defense or prosecutions?

Ask parents how many of them make decisions on parenting from reading the news?

Ask politicians how many of the use the news to their advantage?

Ask teachers, how many of them bring the news to the classroom?

You will know what powers you wield.

The question remains-- what will you do with that power?

Popular Posts