I've been going out with this guy. He is nice and all, he works as management for a fast food chain. I like how we always end up going to cafes and restaurants and simply talk about everything under the sun.
The only thing about him is that he indicated he is not looking for something serious. The problem is I may be looking for something serious because, seriously, I have been feeling lonely for way too long.
But loneliness is not a good reason to date someone, or to fall in love with someone. At least that's what most people say.

OK, hold on. I am not in love with him yet. But I like him. There I said it. But are we a good match to make it last? I dunno. I cannot predict the future, can I ?

But of course, right on cue, my internal drama messes with my brain in this situation. You see, I am a very physical person. I express myself a lot with my body, and this happens a lot whenever I date someone. My problem is usually finding a balance between the physical and emotional aspects whenever I date someone. Most time, I focus so much in the physical part that I forget about the emotional aspects of things. And when I do not get this physical satisfaction, I would lash out at my significant other. That's what happened to me and my ex-boyfriend. And that relationship did not end well. I suffered the consequences of my big mouth and my moodiness.

Now, naturally, with this current person I am dating, I want to avoid all this drama. But it is creeping up on me again. I will damn well not want such crap as "Oh, I want more tender lovin' care, baby" get in the way of how great it's going.

It's going great because we go out, we talk, we eat nice food. We even went to a waterfall park and swam in the lovely cool water last weekend. It was the best respite in my pathetic two off days: two off days that was filled with worrying about work and too much thinking about work.

Maybe I need a HEALTHY outlet to vent my physical energy to. Dance, aerobics class are some things that come to mind- things I think I would enjoy and they involve myself doing it with other people, and most importantly, they involve rigorous activity.

Comments

munchkin said…
Huns,

I totally understand how you feel. I guess, the thing is to not think so much. Just go with the flow. Enjoy his company, the jokes, the laughter, the conversations.

He might not have any lovey dovey feelings for you right now.. but who knows what will happen in the future kan?

You know, you can dump him right now (if you think it's not going anywhere) and move on and find someone who's ready to commit.

Or you can take it easy and see where this will lead you.

Not everything happens with a bang.. some things takes a longer time to develop.

I used to be in a hurry to wanna go through a relationship. And I used to think too much.

Now, I'm just letting nature takes its own course.

If, at any one point, I feel like I don't want to be in this 'uncertain' situation anymore, then I will take that bold decision to quit and leave.

So yeah.. just enjoy the moment. Enjoy him. Be his friend. Who knows.. one day, he will realise that he can't live without you..

Popular Posts