THE REturn!!!!!

My biggest fear is that my job will overwhelm my life. It may cause me to sacrifice my personal time, and the time I spend with my loved ones, and friends.

I suppose that is my biggest fear, after assuming this new role.

I can't help recall my biggest fear when I moved back to my hometown, almost four years ago. I had feared that this so-called crime-laden city would consume me whole. I feared that the city would influence me with drugs, booze and getting involved (in whatever way) with the city's gangsters.

Seesh. What wacky thoughts I had back then. Not only have I remained myself. My mind and my heart still remain intact-  despite going through heartbreak, uncertainty, 

I suppose my recent apprehension about my new post is also a bit "worrying too much" or "jumping the gun". That would explain me working like a fucking dog, even before my promotion took affect.

But as my predecessor said, "pace yourself. This is a long-distance run." Another colleague of mine also pointed out my stressed out face during an assignment we covered together.

She said,"your face looked stressed. Why, huh? Don't overwork or else you get burned out."
Yet another colleague of mine offered to help me to settle a work-related problem we had, after she could see I was stressed while talking on the phone (I was on the line with another boss, and yes, I was stressed out).

The fact is these people around me- my colleagues- are willing to help me out. What they did really touched me. I guess I am not alone in this long-distance run.



  

Comments

Popular Posts