Work Bitch by Britney Spears-
 Kak Britney nak bagi nasihat kat semua set-set muda yang teringin berkecimpung dalam dunia glamour: rajin dan usaha tangga kejayaan. It ain't easy being in showbusiness, biatch.


Atlas by Coldplay. -
Another song recommended by a good friend of mine, who I admit has better taste in music.

Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus 

Since 2005, I  always labelled the most popular female vocalist of the year as the "it" girl of the year. They are women who had chart successes, had many singles or were generally hot property in that particular year.
In 2005, The "it" girl of the year was Gwen Stefani, while in 2007 it was Fergie. Katy Perry has also been in this list. Last year, it was Miley lah, who else. New hairdo, new sound, and determination to conquer the world. Pity the Grammys snubbed her, though.


Best Song Ever by One Direction- 
 OK, so One Direction mania was soooo one year ago. But this one got to me because of no.1) it samples The Who's "Baba O'Riley" (Teenage Wasteland) at the beginning no.2) the dance moves are easy to do. Seriously.


My friend introduced me to this act. He also introduced to Mayer Hawthorne's version of Royals.

Kalau Aku Kaya by Altimet and Awie Rafael- 
"I wanna be a billionaire , so freakin' bad...." Oh wait, this is the 2013 Malaysian version. Siap ada reference to subsidi gula. Kelassss. Special shoutouts to Siti Nurhaliza, Hyper Act, Yuna and Hyperact who had good songs last year. Yes, I am talking about local talent here.

 Demons & Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.- 
I am writing this in 2014, and I cannot get the song Radioactive outta my head, especially after this band's kick ass performance at the last Grammys and American Music Awards.
Demons, is just pure chill out pop rock....When the days are cold / And the cards all fold / And the saints we see / Are all made of gold /

 I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift.- 
 Dear Mr Harry Styles, did you not learn anything from Joe Jonas, Jake Gyllenhaal and all the other ex-Taylor Swift boyfriends?

 Royals by Lorde. -
Musical Debutante of the year. Loved the version she performed at the Grammys.

Roar by Kathryn Perry. Dear Rolling Stone magazine, of course Katy Perry is trying to empower music fans. In this day of shameless EDM-infused TOP 40 trash, and prococious 17-year-old ingenues who lament about pop culture excess, we need Katy Perry to swing from tree to tree and scream "I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar-or-or-or-or-or!"

Comments

Popular Posts