Erra Fazira

Well, it's been a few months since I last wrote in this blog. A lot of things happened at work since then. There were some changes in my superiors and the line of reporting to my higher-ups.
Had an assignment back in the home town which I loved. Had another big assignment on the instructions of my new big boss, after that.
Then, I had another outside assignment which required me to go out every day.

Work has been aplenty, actually.
I am now writing this as my short 'breather' or break from these daily outside assignments ends.

A court case. That's the outside assignment. And there was a two-week break of the proceedings. And it was all very last minute when I was roped into this assignment. So I wasn't aware that there would be a break period until it was too late.
Too late because I did not make any roster requests for any leave or off day periods in that break time.
But, my rational mind got the better of me, thankfully. So I simply asked my boss if I could have some offdays and leave. And well, it was sorted.
All you need to do is ask.
So, I am very thankful I had a nice stretch of rest days. I was happy. I was! I went shopping- for a couple of days in a row, which is something I never do.

So, yeah. Technically, my break a.k.a. breather period from my current ongoing assignment is coming to an end.

Maybe that's why I'm feeling weird. It's just me dreading the 'Monday Blues', so to speak.

But, it's true what people say about being thankful. Actually, the last person I heard saying such things was actress Erra Fazira, in some talk show on TV a few days ago. Yeah, I know. Of all people, right? But Miss Erra Fazira had a point. It might seem cliched, but it rings true every time we say it:
We need to be thankful for our blessings even when we think that we are suffering a lot,  because there will always be other people who are suffering worst things.

Comments

Popular Posts