Part 2

It's 1.43am. I need to be at work in about seven hours.  I jus turned 40 and not a Superman, so it will be likely I will oversleep. A bit. Darn, I still worry about doing a good job.

Covid-19. Coronavirus. As that rapper lady said, "Shit's about to get real."

Oh, yeah. Did I mention the streets are empty by 8 or 9pm nightly now? Billions of humans worldwide are under a type of lockdown because of this virus? Cities and towns and shopping malls and schools and everything is desserted. Humans are practicing social distancing: no big crowds. Whatsoever. No congregations at mosques. No congregation at churches. No Chingay parade. No nothing.

Life has just stopped, in a way. And everything you lived like before, does not apply any more.


Not since war time, has there been lockdowns, curfew-like regulations and control orders put in place to prevent death. The world is shutting down because there is an invisible enemy. A plague, if you will. A complete and utter limitation on how we used to live, all because of survival. Because going back to normalcy could cause disease or even death.

So, yeah. That's how I see it. I wonder if this is the end of the world. Because I wonder about things in my writings.

I worry for my parents. But I also worry about work because, by a weird twist of fate, my line of work is categorised as 'essential' during this crisis. Therefore my colleagues and I still go out to, and go to the office to work.

Weird, huh? My work is almost like a frontliner, so to speak because we, along with many other workers, still need to function, even in times of crisis. A person in my job position still needs to be physically at work in order for this 'essential' service to run.

Who would have thought.....that I would be in this position? As the world is in lockdown. As a global pandemic threatens to kill more people, I still need to work.

And for this thought, I am here, writing it down.  Perhaps, so I won't forget. To remind myself when I can't. It's possible.

Comments

Popular Posts