Doves


Here are some of my favourite song lyrics:


tell me did you sail across the sun?
Did you make it to the Milky way
to see the lights are faded
And that heaven is overrated
Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star?....
One without a permanent scar and did you MISS ME while you were looking for yourself out there.....?
-Drops of Jupiter by Train

Tender is the night
Lying by your side
Tender is the touch of someone that you loved too much
Tender is my heart that's screwing up my life
Lord I need to find someone who can heal my mind
Come on, come on, come one! GET THROUGH IT ! Love's the greatest thing that we have!
- Tender by Blur



Watching X-Files without any lights on
We're 'dans la maison'
I hope the Smoking Man's in this one
- One Week by Barenaked Ladies


I want to put my tender heart in blender
Watch it spin around into oblivion
Rendez vous then I'm through with you!
- Inside Out by Eve 6

Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes run to your mansions
Come around, we'll kick your ass in
- You Get What You Give by New Radicals


Forgetting all I'm lacking
Completely incomplete
- Hanging By The Moment by Lifehouse

Did you forget about me, Mr Duplicity?
I hate to bug you in the middle of your dinner
It was a slap in the face how quickly I was replaced
And are you thinking of me when you fuck her?
- You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morissette

Take a chance, you stupid ho!- What You Waiting For by Gwen Stefani
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Some random writing shit:

Inoccently, Ruby Walters picked up her drycleaners not realising that her sworn enemy, Dana Heartbrook was gingerly sipping a cup of coffee at a diner opposite the drycleaners.

----------------------------
DROPS OF JUPITER......

I don't know what to write about. I heard this song on the radio the other night. I almost cried listening to it. It's such a beautiful song, kan? I know everyone was singing along to it when it came out six years ago. It just gets to you- and you never get tired listening to it. I don't think I've ever experienced anything like what the songwriter is expressing- you know - seeing someone you love leave because she/he wants to "find themselves". Discovering themselves and discovering the world lah konon. I've never experienced it, but I can feel it when I listen to the song. Ironically, I did a short sketch once about lovers running off and coming back. I played the guy who is left behind. The other girl, Alicia, had left my character, and then returned to him. We were both sitting on a bench. The piece was called "Doves".

Guy: (noticing doves flying in the distance ahead of him) Doves!
Girl: Where?
Guy: Where I'm pointing (showing to girl. Both look at doves) A sure sign of spring.
Girl: It sure is..Ducks go, you know
Guy: They leave.
Girl: They come back
Guy: Yes?...

And then I forget what was the next line. I don't remember the exact lines I said, but I do remember that feeling. That feeling seemed real, even though it was just made up. It's strange how we can evoke those feelings from withing ourselves--despite never experiencing them first hand. Maybe it's like this amazing ability that us humans have, eh? Yeah, right. Whatever.

Anyways, without further delay, I present to you Train with Drops of Jupiter. Get ready people. Let's sing.....

Now that she's back in the atmosphere
With drops of Jupiter in her hair,
She acts like summer and walks like rain
Reminds me that there's time to change,
Since the return from her stay on the moon
She listens like spring and she talks like June,

Tell me did you sail across the sun
Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated

Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star?
One without a permanent scar
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?

Now that she's back from that soul vacation
Tracing her way through the constellation, hey, hey
She checks out Mozart while she does tae-bo
Reminds me that there's room to grow,

Now that she's back in the atmosphere
I'm afraid that she might think of me as plain ol' Jane
Told a story about a man who is too afraid to fly so he never did land

Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
And head back to the Milky Way
And tell me, did Venus blow your mind
Was it everything you wanted to find
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there

Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
Your best friend always sticking up for you even when I know you're wrong
Can you imagine no first dance, freeze dried romance five-hour phone conversation
The best soy latte that you ever had . . . and me

Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
And head back toward the Milky Way
Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star?
One without a permanent scar
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?

Comments

Popular Posts