LOSING OUT

It was an uneventful two days. I was off on Wednesday and Thursday. I started off Day 1 waking up with my contact lens still on, and The Queen DVD playing from the night before. I had fallen asleep while watching the movie. But it was okay because I'd already watched the film before. I just wanted to watch some good actors at work-and the Queen is one fine piece of celluloid ass. (It's a great movie. It'll win a few Oscars I'm sure)




THE REASON I WATCHED THE QUEEN DVD

I had watched my theatre friends during practice the night before. I'm kinda jealous that they got acting parts but I didn't- but really it couldn't be helped- there weren't many parts suited for me. The truth is: they talked about it casually before: can you be the old guy, the tok penghulu? I declined and became "mengada-ngada". I actually said "the character is an old man. I can't pull off an old man character."

Thinking about it now as I write, I feel that I was just scared to take a risk. I do that a lot now in my life: fearing to take risks. Which really is boring. Life is so boring if everything is all safe and expected all the time, kan?

Sigh.....maybe I'll be braver next time.

Another reason why I din't act this time was because I'm the production manager for the show- and that already involves a lot of responsibilities. Production work is an exhilirating high too. I enjoyed being the Stage Manager in our last production---I liked being near the theatre stage. It's nice to watch rehearsals, and I love walking about behind the stage

I know I'll get another part in our next play or something else in the future.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What the fuck? Fuck off motherfuckers! Piss off! Screw you!

Have I got yout attention? That's good. Now I can blog in peace. I read ratu's blog and he's bored of starting entries with "It's been a long time since I last blogged..." Yeah. We're all SO BUSYlah, kan. Yes, I'm guilty of that too sometimes. What to do? We're all high-flying working people. We have jobs. And when we go home at the end of the day we just want to chill out- eat, watch movies.

Nyahs, I really have no "modal" on what to write about. Sometimes I feel there's no story I want to tell. That's why I get stumped whenever I want to start my blog.

But, you know what. I'm going to practice something I learned in college. I'm just going to do "freewriting"- you're given a subject, and you just jot down anything and everything that comes to your mind on that subject.

In my case, since I'm just going to jot down about whatever....

The Oscars. Really, honey, it's never about who gave the best performance in films. It's just a popularity contest. But hey, it's a prestigious award. It's the highest accolade an actor/filmaker/filmcrew can receive. But at the end of the day, we all know that you don't need a damn award to tell you that you're good. Fuck that.

If you're a screenplay writer, you don't need some shiny golden baldguy statuette to tell you that you've made it. Before, I'd judge an actor's worth based on the awards he/she had received. But now, that thing is not important anymore.

But honey, the Oscars are all about Hollywood glamour and everything associated with it. So fuck it if you were good or not. They just want the award to go to the most popular/politically-correct nominee.

Nominees are getting more and more eclectic, though. Unlikely nominations have come for maverick flicks such as SouthPark The Movie, Boys Don't Cry, Brokeback Mountain.

I've always been a fan of the Oscars. My first exposure was during the early 90s when Dances With Wolves won Best Picture and Billy Crystal was the de-facto Oscar host. Gosh, where is that dude now?

What I loved about the Oscars was, of course the sheer glamour of the event. Hallo, the red carpet arrival is the best showcase of glamour and beauty and CELEBRITYDOM. Because I loved movies, watching the Oscars made a lot of sense lah, kan.

Comments

Popular Posts