Doing the Needful

Obviously, being brainy and nice was not something he could do. Jeremiah De Silva was always too nice but lacked any analytical skills. He was polite to the point of being quite absurd. His fault was always speaking about things which people would want to hear from him. And now, his niceness has landed him in trouble.
Jeremiah must choose to be honest about his opinion, or simply suppress his mind to appease his close friend.

++++++

A friend of mine advised me about a dilemma I have. He said I should be honest about my opinions and say what I feel is right, even if it means that I have to disagree with a friend.
It's a sticky situation if your colleagues are also your friends. But, based on what I have seen in other bureaus, colleagues must always be as professional as possible even if they are friends outside the workplace. I have seen a colleague become overly demanding in the job to the point of being a pain in the neck, but that colleague never lets her professional fussiness spill over to my friendship with her.
To tweek a favourite quote based on Las Vegas, "What happens at work, stays at work."

Comments

Popular Posts