Hi, it's me.
Well, I got nothing to say except heck, what happened to Ramadan? It's almost the tail end of the Holy month and I am still none the more spiritual or internally cleansed. Of course, I have been fasting every day without fail so far - it's been more than 3 weeks now - but I feel the same. I still fell hungry for food, and probably I may be eating too much for my berbuka.

Another Ramadan down the drain for me? Maybe. I met up with the cook once.
I met up with another too. Two other dates for Ramblinging.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Some people might think that somehow the 'month' itself have some miraculous healing powers-- while at the same time they keep repeating the same way of living, hoping that the 'month' and the so called 'fasting' (not eating and drinking, only) would magically transform them to something that they want.

It doesn't work that way.

It's like getting a gym membership and hoping that you'll lose weight and look like Hugh Jackman-- yet you only go there for the first month, then it's all over.

You have to really want it and work hard at it. It has to be continuous. Don't give up. Think of the 'month' as a beginning. Sort of a detox. Then slowly make plans for greater changes.

For many people, it is a lifelong journey.

By all means you can stop and rest, but do not stop completely.

Never give up.
Hayden Ahmad said…
thanks anonymous...
we all need a little encouragement every now and then. appreciateit

Popular Posts