Emotional. That is what I feel most times. Even in my job I get emotional when things don't go as planned. But that is bad. Very bad. Work is work. You can put passion and enthusiasm into put. Even sprinklings of emotion pun takpe because it could add some depth into your work. But to be guided by emotions will mean bad things. It takes the objectivity out of the job. A job is a job. You get paid for it. It is a responsibility that must be done. It is amanah.

But of course lah, we shouldn't die for our jobs. ( i mean jangan seksa diri lah) I was noticing a mechanic at the motor repair shop tadi. He was fixing a motorcycle tire. He was youngish, wearing torn jeans, very the trend rockers. But he was doing his work quite swiftly. His eyes were focused on the work. Yet I wondered if he did not work there, what would he be doing?

Work is work lah. But work is something you do, you settle and then get on with your life lah, kan?

Comments

Popular Posts