Sibuk gile la keje reporter nih...

It's 11pm and I'm still in the office. I have to call the immigration department to get updates on illegals workers returning home. Hari ni hari last amnesty for illegal workers, and guess who is in charge of round-ups?

I thought of swimming at Stadium Chin Woo tadi- lama tak swimming siut! Instead I'm channeling all my energy to massage parlours and driving my Kelisa at over 100km/hour.

11.10pm.....OK, called immigrations, depa kata kena call kul 11.30. Nasib baik minah dia baik. OK lah at this point aku tak peduli apa. I don't care anymore. At 11.10pm nobody cares anymore- we all give in to our baser instincts, we lose our ability to bullshit.

All those thoughts on whether I can handle this job- working in these conditions for many more years- just doesn't matter anymore, man. Behind me, Ranjee, Les, RR & Laych are playing with an online crossword puzzle. They are as tired as me- at least I know Ranjee must be- she worked the morning shift as well. But she doesn't look it now that she's having fun doing the crossword puzzle.

That's all we need. Work, and relaxation later.

In life people need to work, to be engaged. Then after work, people need to unwind. chill out. Get laid. Get a life. Christ, life should be about these two things.

Why the fuck am I talking about life?

I got to thinking today. Do I want to spend the next few years staying back late to call up the Immigration Department? In May I would have worked here for two whole years. Last year when I reached my one-year mark, I got to thinking as well. But I stayed on. Firstly because: how the hell am I gonna get another job? secondly: What else is there to do after you've worked as a reporter. I can safely say now, it's one of the more tougher jobs around. You sacrifice a lot of your free time and energy. So after you've done this, you can't go backwards by doing say, clerical work or even PR. Of course some have taken that transition but they've always come back to journalism.

You can't go back to your past life once you've done journalism- especially if you've done news journalism. Imagine: You get exposed to such a stressful/exciting/crazy life and then you go for a normal 9-to-5 deskjob. Cannot like that mah!

SO..I RECKON THE BEST THING TO DO AFTER THIS is to do what you want.

DO WHAT YOU WANT.

Jangan beat around the bush. If you want to do something, ko buat je. Life is short. With this job I learned that I CAN do whatever, as long as I put my mind to it.

"You can do whatever you set your mind to"- Eminem's LOSE YOURSELF.


----------
Oh yeah, by the way a certain reporter 'out-ed' me in front of a certain managerial editor who was having her last day.

The reporter told the resigning editor: "He doesn't like women". He said it because I was telling the editor that she was a motherly figure in the company, then the editor jokingly said she thought she exuded a sexy persona instead.

So reporter ni pun menyampuk and blurted it out depan editor ni. I was embarrased, but another friend of mine who was there had defended me (thanks dear). The friend said to the reporter yang bangang tu: "Very funny ******!"

But the resigning editor senyum and just patted me on the back and said " it's ok, it's ok."


On a more happier note, this resigning editor said I'm doing well on the desk. She told me to keep pushing myself. She also said she never had a chance to really sit down and talk to me. She gestured with her hands as if she was squeezing out a damp cloth while saying that. She wanted to find out what my story was.

11.50pm....Yay! finally updated the figures to my story. I already told the subeditor who was doing my page. Now I'm done. Maybe I should pack up fast and leave?- For us kat section ni, the general rule is to leave promptly once your work is done. Once you hang around- nahas! Bosses will ask you to do more work. So sekarang ni I fear the night editor is going to pass on some more work to me. Oh no! Oh tidak! Takutnya! But the night OC tonight is one of the more nicer ones. He won't give me work right? He cleared my story, he knows I've been busting my ass all day. Abang nite OC....(cakap dgn suara manja). tetibe je..

Saja je, I know he won't ask me to do more work- they have the nite reporter to do it. To suck his dick or fetch him some water, or to feed him grapes from the vines. they got their night 'bitch' to do all that. Dah lah one of the more loved senior reporters is on 7pm today. Lagi lah editors suka. Aku ni morning shift 'bitch'. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...


Baiklah ini saja buat kali ni. hope you guys enjoyed my blog. Rock on people! Be nice to people, the environment, your parents and most importantly be nice to yourself!


Ciao babes. Over and out....






Comments

Popular Posts