I think the most craziest thing that happened during the Singapore trip was when I almost made my friends miss our bus back to KL.


How crazy is this: The gang split up when we reached JB on Sunday evening, I headed to my parent's house while RATU and co. went to City Square to eat dinner. They didn't mind. So I just went home lah, ate some home cooked food and relaxed.
Our bus was 8.30pm and I was holdingthe tickets for all 6 of us. There I was, 8.10pm calling a taxi from my home to go to the bus terminal. The gang decided to meet up there.

8.25pm- still no taxi! I called up the taxi company only to be informed that there were no taxis available. The lady on the said: "I called your number and a little girl picked up the phone. I told your daughter there were no taxis."

Hallo, bila masa aku kahwin and had a daughter!

So aku lari lah lintang pukang out my housem kissed my mom goodbye and ran to the highway to grab a taxi. I was panting!

Thankfully a taxi arrived not long after. And I informed the gang to halt the bus- they said the driver was only giving us 5 minutes to wait for me. Thankfully I got on a taxi that understood my plight. The taxi speeded like no one's business and reached Larkin just in the nick of time. I looked at the meter of thje taxi and it showed RM2.00, so I paid the fare and set out to board me bus. Then I realised that the taxi meter wasn't even running coz JB taxis don't use meters. No wonder the cab driver was looking at me one kind!

Oh well.

Managed to get in bus and friends did not kill me.

****************


The shittiest moment of the Singapore trip was when the desk called me to ask about my story. God! It took quite a while and the editor wanted me to get extra information from a movie exper- since the story I did was about cinemas. So I called a friend but the editor still wanted more info, so I gave her all I got about movies- hey, the editor said I needed to get a few paragraphs from a movie expert- someone who reads Variety magazine, etc, well I told the editor- you're speaking to ONE such person!

So there you had it- Singapore.

I loved the lunch which Ratu's mum cooked for us- Fried chicken, bryani, fried shrimp, yogurt vege, mangoe acar, yummmmmmy!

The hotel was nice to- Summerview Hotel on Bencoolen St. ---Very near Orchard.

The weirdest thing about the trip was Singaporean Mamak food- the fried mee, bistik, mutton chop- it's all RED in colour honey- Golly! I got sick of it after one round- couldn't stand looking at it.

I got to buy good stuff too- I bought Gavin DeGraw's CHARIOT album. It has that kick ass song 'I Don't Wanna Be', the theme to the 'One Tree Hill' TV drama. Anyways, that DeGraw fellow ha s really nice teeth, and a nice voice.

Comments

Popular Posts