On Bullying

Take it from a person who has been bullied in boarding school: boarding school can be very harsh.

Firstly, having so many teenagers under one roof can result in chaos, especially during those times when they are unwatched.
Bullying is one problem. If you haven't equiped your child with enough survival skills, then don't bother sending your kid to boarding school.

Of course the father's advice was, in principle, correct. You should not handle violence with violence. BUT, at the same time, a parent should teach their children to be tough enough to face boarding school. They have to be thick-skinned enough before taking that big leap into boarding school.

Personally the bullying I got was never violent, thank God. it was more psychological. A lot of people tended to somehow control me. When I was in standard one there was a kid who would take my lunch money. In boarding school, a senior was constantly hounding me for taking too long to take 'air sembahyang'---that time I was suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
There was also another kid who kept saying nasty things to my face. I stil beat myself up sometimes for letting those things happen to me.


Another problem with teenagers in boarding school is sex.

For effeminate guys who are gay, then boarding school is when their "sexual lives" start.

It's relatively easy to get same-sex relationships in boarding school. Think about it. Teenage guys & girls living together, in the same dormitory, bathing together, living in close proximity.

Effeminate gay guys fall prey to the tougher boys in boarding school. Don't get me wrong, these jocks are not gay. They are very straight. They will end up marrying girls and having kids. BUT, these guys love to have 'fun' with the effeminate gay guys. These guys can't control their sexual appetites, and they don't mind releasing their tension on gay guys.

The worst of these tough straight guys are the ones who seem very religious on the outside. It's quite sickening how they can hide behind that religious facade.

Of course this is not a generalisation. There are many noble straight guys in boarding school, these guys are great and I respect them a lot. Any girl would be lucky to have one of these noble men.


I guess for gay guys and lesbian girls, it's quite easy to get laid in boarding school.


So the best advice to boarding school-bound kids would be:

Make friends with the right crowd.
Have thick skin first
Be ready to ward off assholes and bitches
make sure you're tough enough
Know what you want


Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts