I'm so happy!

I'm glad I finally allocated some time to exercise last night. I've been delaying it forever. Nyah, you should have seen me: curtains closed, music blasting loudly (Green Day) and me in track pants, shirt and shoes running around my house.

I broke out in sweat and it only took maybe 20 minutes or so. Cukup lah kan? I mean the maximum requirement for exercise is 20 minutes per session, three times a week.

And I felt great afterward. Golly! Instead of cooling down, I relaxed by clearing out my fridge and taking out my trash. After taking a bath, I read a bit of Raold Dahl- a short story about a timid nerd who gets bullied by two boys and ends up flying across the sky with swan wings (crazy story, but it was ok).

Exercise is good for your mood. I went to work slightly more semangat than these past weeks.

I don't know lah why I felt like that these past few weeks. But one thing's for sure, the trip back to JB and working out--really helped!

+++++++++++++++++++++

Tonight I watched X Men III at the cinema. It was wondeful. Special effects was excellente! The story line was more tragic this time. A lot befell the X men in this movie, a war was waged between mutants and mutants. And then there was pheonix, a holy cow of a mother power.

Hugh Jackman saved the day. He was pivotal character along with Professor X (Patrick Stewart) and Magneto (Ian Mckellan). Halle Barry tried to channel her talent into her character as Storm, but I felt that maybe a different actress would have done better. Angela Basset? Because I alway thought Storm was alway a very wise, very senior of all the X Men.

ANYWAY....X Men III was still good fun. I chomped down one large tub of popcorn, one packet of cheezels and a still unfinished packet of Double Decker prawn, during the movie.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

According to my roster, I was off for two days on Friday and Saturday last week. So on Thursday night, after attending a 'company dinner' and dropping Ally off at her house, I headed home to pack up my things.

It was only 11.30pm, and I knew I could still make it to the last bus which were usually around 12am or 1am-ish.

Nyah...There I was driving into my porch, braging into the hosue grabbing bare essential like clothes, toothbrush and magazines. Thinking to myself that maybe I should just leave the next day. Get some sleep first, no need to rush. 2 hari cuti apa.
But then I saw my reflection in the mirror in the hallway. I looked like shit, honestly. I didn't recognise myself. Who is this guy in the mirror. THat was motivation enough and under 10 minutes I packed my stuff, locked up the house and headed for the bus terminal.

By the time I arrived it was already midnight. I asked them if they had anymorre tickets to Johor. They said no. Only tickets to KL. OK, fine I'll just transit at KL in the morning.

So there I was on the bus, still clad in my work clothes that day, but I was thrilled that I did it "spur of the moment".

I just wanted to get away from there, you know. I had two days off and I just wanted to run far away. I couldn't bare staying in Kedah for two days, and waking up late, going to the KFC drive-in, shopping for DVDS at Star Parade and going to Penang alone. Not this time. I hadn't seen my parents in a month. And I still remembered how my mother looked when I said goodbye to her last month. she had such a sad lok that I never seen in her before.
I mean, come on lah, aku dah banyak kali ulang alik between KL - JB during my university days. And now frequent the Alor Star-JB or Alor Star-KL route all the time. My mom sampai muak tengok my face when I used to return home EVERY SINGLE weekend during university days.

But this time, I guess she felt ... I don't know, really sad.

Anyways, what was supposed to be a two days off became three days thanks to my darling colleague. She just called up on Friday and said, "hey since you're back home, why don't you take Sunday off as well. We;lll trade off days," I replied and said a big Thank You.

Sempat lah spend more time. Got to watched The Da Vinci Code.

My saving grace during the trip was my old friend, who I hung out with a lot. It's official. I get cranky and depressed if I'm alone for long periods of time. Meeting people helps soothe my savage beast. Last time, I was in JB, most of my friends were not around and I was alone most of the time.

Of course my parents ada, but hanging out with your folks is different from hanging out with friends. I love my parents and I like chatting with them while having meals. But I also love hanging out with my friends, whom I feel I might be neglecting these past several months.

I haven't spent some quality time in KL for a long time. That means that I haven't seen my friends at the HQ lately. Orang2 Ratu associates pun dah lama tak jumpa. My colleagues at the HQ tak payah cakap lah, I haven't stoped by the office for ages, honey. And that's something I gotta do cause they could just forget you someday.

Comments

Popular Posts