NOW PLAYING
Album: Morning View
Artist: Incubus
Year: 2001
Track 3: Wish You Were Here


I'm thankful to God for giving me health after falling sick last week. Despite my sadness, I thank God for allowing me to live another day. Please grant me the ability to look beyond my self-doubt. Allow me to look at my life through the eyes of another person, because once I do that, I would realise my life is extremely blessed and rockin' !

My friend's mother passed away the other day. She had lung cancer. It affected me so much because I had met her twice before. The first time was when my friend held a kenduri kesyukuran after she was discharged from hospital. That was several months back. I stopped by Penang last week and again met his mother, who was weak and bedridden at the time. I kissed her hand when I greeted her at her mother's home in Jalan Perak. I remember how weak and frail she looked. I remember how she fussed over my coming to the house. She told my friend to prepare a drink for me. That was very typical of her, my friend said. She was so caring and sweet.

I was shocked when I received the SMS saying that she had died. She had left peacefully. My friend said she wore a beautiful smile and her face was glowing when she passed on. It was a far cry from what she looked like before her death. Over the past week, she was in a lot of pain, so the family felt was relieved that she was released from her pain.

Her death hit me like a bullet. It could have been my mother, or anyone else's mother for that matter. It goes to show that life is short and you'll never know when your loved ones might go away forever. My parents are getting older every day, and sometimes I worry about them.

The funny thing is my parents, especially mummy is having a very full life. Yesterday she was telling me about a fund-raiser dinner she was organising with the Alzheimer's Association. She and two of her friends dropped by a Malay newspaper's office yesterday to give an interview about the event. My mum is so full of life and she has her small cricle of friends who she exercises with and does NGO work. So I'm not too worried about her.

My dad has less friends but he likes to go to the mosque every night to attend the ceramah. Later he hangs out with friends over teh tarik. Hey, if that makes him happy then who am I to say anything?

---------------------------------------

Comments

Popular Posts