What a lovely four off days. I spent the first day meeting friends back at headquarters. Said hello to a few bosses too. Caught up with friends over softboiled eggs, sandwiches, a brownie and naan. Yes, it was all about food that first day honey. And boy did I chomp down plenty!

Arrived in the good'ole KL at 5.30am. Had hot tea at the Mamak restuarant opposite the bus station. There was a basker, high on life (and other substances, I'm sure) playing his guitar at 6am in the morning. His repertoire that morning? Ike & Tina Turner's "Proud Mary" and a Rod Stewart song, I forget which one. Perlu ke penyanyi jalanan awal-awal pagi macam tu. All I can say is : Only in Puduraya.

I called up primadonnaz and thankfully he was up. I took a taxi to his place and showered and made-up nicely for my 'appearence'. Now, I haven't been to the KL office for ages. I think the last time I went was almost a year ago. I felt I needed to make an 'impression' lah. Am I insane or what, right? It's just colleagues, what. What 'impression' do I want to make?

It was fun meeting friends at the office. In the afternoon I renewed my licence. I'm now a full-fledge driver. Yahoooo! Then it was off to the salon for a facial. A much earned treatment. The blackheads on me nose were starting to have a mind of their own.

Later, it was dinner and hanging out with friends just chatting. Took the late night bus back to JB. Arrived 5am-ish. slept till lunchtime when I had fantastic ikan masak asam pedas! A southern Malay delicacy. Just chilled at home with me folks and had dinner at Singgah Selalu Restaurant- it's this swanky-looking place with a variety of food. It has big TV screens, a lot of young'uns hang out there and smoke their sheesha (spelling correct?) I was there just to enjoy my parents' company.

Pokok ceritanya ni.....
My mum, thanked me for coming home often. What the...? I mean I have no life. I'm the youngest child , the only non-married child, and I live far away from home. The least I can do is come home every month or so, right? I want to visit them often. Because I feel it's my responsiblity. And I like Johor. And living in the north for long periods can make me crazy. I need to go back me roots once a while, y'now what I mean, luv?

Me parents are gettin' old, so the least I could do is pop around once in a while. It saddens me to hear stories how me dad had to cook Maggie mee for mum when she was ill with migrain some time ago. But I know, my folks can survive.

I mean I've lived away from home for the past decade. Ya, lah! I left home exactly ten years ago (1996) to go to boarding school. Darlings, it was shit back then, but hey, I got used to it. I still came home often. The most was during unversity days: I'd go back to Johor EVERY weekend. Many thought I was mad. Looking back, I think I was in fact, bloody mad! But that's what happens when I don't have a life. But it got better. Towards the end of my college years, I spent more and more time in KL. I realised life can be interesting if you make it interesting. Wah, gitu...

So cerebral one...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Best regards from NY! » »
Anonymous said…
Very nice site! »

Popular Posts