24-hour McD

Being lonely is shitty. Being lonely in your thoughts is worse. I was off for two days and I spent the time being alone with myself and my thoughts. I've been in the north for close to two years, and I still feel like an outsider, despite having tons of friends. I guess it's just the way I am. Put me in New York City or Pengkalan Hulu, and I'd still feel like this.
So there I was sitting alone in Starbucks at 12.30am and reading my book. The book was engrossing, but obviously I'm no avid reader of books. Give me a magazine with all those lovely pictures and I'm in heaven.
By the time I crossed the Penang Bridge to Seberang Jaya, I was already hungry. So I grabbed some yummylicious Fillet O Fish with french fries at the 24-hour McDonald's drive in. Thank God for civilisation. You get to have your Big Macs at 3am. Pity Alor Star still doesn't have a 24-hour fast food outlet. Get back to me in five years' time.
So what now? Do I just stick it out here? Or do I go? If you ask me, my answer will reek of uncertainty.
I just want to have my Big Macs. No, lah. Seriously, Joe. All the Starbucks and 24-hour McDs does not guarantee happiness. I lived in KL for a gazillion years, was I that happy? And when they shoo-ed me to the north, did I rebel, or at least make an official protest? Not that I could recall.
I realise I have no control of my wretched life. I'M NOT EVEN TRYING. It's true. It's like Anne Hathaway's character in Devil Wears Prada, she didn't even try to do a good job at first. Et tu?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lonely is not in the city, my future novelist . hehehe

Popular Posts