Bewitching Island

Aiyo, what a crazy few days. spent my time in Langkawi working. what was supposed to be two days of assignments turned into three.
Now I'm on the verge of feeling sick of Langkawi. Thankfully I am bewitched by the island's pretty beaches and tourist-y feel. Duty free chocolates! Fine dining restaurants! The only Starbucks cafe in Kedah! Lovely mountainous landscape! What's not to like? As a friend said on the phone last night, 'What's wrong with mixing business with pleasure?' Mixing the two, for me, was taking a leisurely stroll and swimming in Chenang beach. There's something about jumping up and down as you try to avoid big waves crashing to the shore. And I love the feel of sand on my feet and ocean water on my face. Love it!

Work was okay because I settled all my interviews on Wednesday. I stayed over the night and the next day, I was suppose to have covered a minister's function. Unfortunately there was a terible miscommunication and the minister's function was actually today. So us reporters decided to wait for a deputy minister who was visiting a new navy base here--might as well find another story, we all thought----It was another six hours before we got our Press comference, what with waiting for the deputy minister's arrival, makan, briefings, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera (say it like that dude in the King and I).

I definitely have to go back to Kangar today. I miss my car! I also have to wait for another story from a colleague.

---------------------------------


Missed Opportunities...

Yes, yang Arif, I'm guilty of this sometimes. Yes. Fate takes us only so far, once the opportunity presents itself it's up to us to "make it happen". I'm sure many people regret things they have done before, but what to do? We're only human. For me, I had many opportunities in work and meeting people and more importantly, opportunities involving my interests and dreams.
But one thing I've noticed, the opportunity sometimes recurs. So, the question is, are you gonna grab that opportunity by the balls, or are you just gonna act cool and calm and let the opportunity slip by, yet again?

Grab it by the balls, people!

Comments

Popular Posts