Nyahz....
Let's get this out of the way. Let's acknowledge the elephant in the room. Dudes, I experienced a "very da" embarassing experience just after staging my play last week. Argh, I couldn't get over it for days...I actually went up on stage for a prize I did not win.
The announcer said: and the prize for most promising actor goes to ...the role of gravedigger (yes, my role was gravedigger)...cue: gasps and screams from my fellow groupmates, hugs ensue, the "very da" idiotic me thought, 'really, ah? can win one, ley?'.
So the very da confused moi pun jalan menuju ke pentas, and kawan kawan gua pun tolak ke pentas (by the way, my teammates and I were sitting beside the stage). So "ter-push" and "ter-berani" lah gua ke atas pentas.
cue: announcer says "oh, bukan panggali kubur tu, tapi penggali kubur nombor dua.."
Wah gitu. Rasa macam hati nak jatuh. Rilek, brother. It's okay. Argh! I allowed myself to wallow in embarassment for like, three days.
AND THEN it dawned on me. I actually did a good show. Sure, many of the boys (i.e stage crew, stage manager, prop boys) were quite pissed and embrassed about that mishap--they were pissed because they knew it was because of a certain over-excited guy who pushed me to the stage that "the mishap" happened--the boys hate the guy lah, coz he's always cracking innapropriate jokes and spoiling the actors' focus during rehearsals.
Nobody is at fault.
Though some of my friends were very angry with the announcer for being the "very da" vague. Come on lah, sister, you know there are two gravedigger roles so try to be more specific lor...
Regardless of what ensued after the play, we performed well.
I am soooo puas hati right now. We didn't win any prizes- buck heck, that's not the point, is it? I was made up into this unkempt vagrant of a gravedigger, complete with disheveled wig and blackened teeth, and an outfit that was like what a three-year-old version of Dustin Hoffman's character in Rain Man would wear. Basically I looked ugly for my role- almost unrecognisable. OK lah, so if they are hell bent on making me look ugly then it's ok- I don't mind sacrificing my appearance for my role. Rock'n Roll. I'm dying to get my hands on pictures of myself. Hmm gotta call Sham TNB.
I'm glad my mom came and watched. She was a bit confused with the whole prize-giving ceremony thingy. It's okay. I'm glad the guys who did the Malay version of Hamlet won prizes - Hamlet went home with Best Male and Female lead prizes. Congrats, you guys!
For first-timers, we were alright-lah. Good, even. Hello... maiden performance in a theatre competition, what. What to expect? You live, you learn, kan?
Am I still rarring to go for another theatre show? You bet your ass...but give me two weeks to rest lah, bro...
------------------------



Fuhh...lagu ni memang kaww....I always listen to this one when I'm feeling glum. Sesh, so perlu, okeyyy...

Lucky Man---by The Verve

Happiness
More or less
It's just a change in me
Something in my liberty
Oh, my, my
Happiness
Coming and going
I watch you look at me
Watch my fever growing
I know just where I am
But how many corners do I have to turn?
How many times do I have to learn
All the love I have is in my mind?
Well, I'm a lucky man
With fire in my hands
Happiness
Something in my own place
I'm standing naked
Smiling, I feel no disgrace
With who I am
Happiness
Coming and going
I watch you look at me
Watch my fever growing
I know just who I am
But how many corners do I have to turn?
How many times do I have to learn
All the love I have is in my mind?
I hope you understand
I hope you understand
Gotta love that'll never die
Happiness More or less
It's just a change in me
Something in my liberty
Happiness
Coming and going
I watch you look at me
Watch my fever growing
I know
Oh, my, my
Oh, my, my
Oh, my, my
Oh, my, my
Gotta love that'll never die
Gotta love that'll never die
No, no
I'm a lucky man
It's just a change in me
Something in my liberty
It's just a change in me
Something in my liberty
It's just a change in me
Something in my liberty
Oh, my, my
Oh, my, my
It's just a change in me
Something in my liberty
Oh, my, my
Oh, my, my

Comments

Popular Posts