This is a Merdeka entry.
I don't know about you, but I kinda liked Joan Lau's piece about Merdeka. In the end, it's all about our own Merdeka struggles. And our own Merdeka moments. For me, it was when I quit my direct-selling job five years ago. I had survived for a week, peddling children's books and toys around KL. I kept telling myself: Just give it a try, and see if you like it. Obviously I disliked it. So, the day I quit, I called up my boss and told him I wanted out. I had no contract or anything. And my company could definitely function with one less worker around. I mean, they had several dozen people like me to work the streets of KL. That doesn't even include the newbies they hire every day. Once I put down the phone, I took the LRT to KLCC and watched Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. It was a crappy movie ( I actually slept through some parts), but I felt liberated because I had been too busy working to watch movies.
So that was one of my Merdeka moments. It was the best day!

HAPPY 50th Birthday, my beloved country!
MERDEKA!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts