Al-Fatihah Nurin Jazlin

I received the news quite late. I was wondering why the radio stations were repeating this "community service message"about watching out for small children. Later, when I found out that the DNA tests had confirmed the little girl to be Nurin, I felt shocked. Of course, when news about the girl in the gym bag came out, it was already shocking. I couldn't believe that someone could do 'this thing' again. And by 'this thing' I mean sexual abuse cum murder involving children.
By the time I browsed through the newspapers, and looked at family photos of Nurin with her sisters and parents, I broke down. I was alone in the office and it was breaking fast time, and I cried. I couldn't bear the sadness of it.
Then the 8 o'clock news came on, and the sight of the funeral was too heart-wrenching. I know how Greybits feels because I too have nieces and nephews, and I love them very much. Just to imagine things like that happening to my nieces of nephews, would be too much for me. So I can't imagine how Nurin's family are feeling right now.
Another thing that struck me was how pretty Nurin was, and how young, fragile and innocent she looked in her pictures. As a guy, that thought just makes me want to protect her. But I suppose God loves her more.

Something has to come out of all this. And I don't just mean that the sexual predator must pay. Nurin was just a little kid, just like Nurul Huda, and Siti Syazwani and all the other little girls and boys who fell victim to sexual predators.

Something has got to change. Nurin's death cannot be in vain. Nurin will forever be the angel in everyone's heart.

Goodbye, Nurin. May God look over you, our little angel.

Comments

Popular Posts