Things that make me happy as a bunny now:

The new remake of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" by the rock group Quietdrive:

---you have to listen to Hitz.fm or one of those teen-bopper Top 40 radio stations to hear this song. The first time I heard it, I was like, "No, you kids don't understand the song. You probably weren't even born when the song came out."
But really, Cyndi Lauper's lyrics transcend time and agegroups. And if a bunch of kids from Minneapolis, Minnesota want to remake this classic tune, then what the heck. It's a lovely love song, regardless of what age you are.
You know why this song rocks? It's because of the words. The melody is simple, beautiful and brilliant.
So whether you remember Lauper's funny hairdo (She's so unusual!) in her 80s music video, or whether you loved the song from the movie John Tucker Must Die (the remake's taken from the soundtrack), you guys are a-okay in my books.


30 Rock, the TV sitcom:



Tina Fey (left) in character with Alec Baldwin in 30 Rock


Tina Fey is a genius. After exposing what it's like to be a mean bi-yatch in "Mean Girls", she comes up with this quirky look at the on-goings behind a fictional sketch comedy show.
And just like "Mean Girls", Fey doubles up as writer and actor in this show. Her character Liz is head writer and director of the show. Thankfully for us TV viewers, Liz is one hodge-podge of wit, wackiness and sarcasm.
Liz is teamed up with Alec Baldwin's character, Jack , who is Liz's boss at the NBC studio.
Baldwin is superb as the egotistical superior of Liz. He looks very different, but still, disturbingly good looking. Jane Krakowski, who was famous for being Ally McBeal's busy-body secretary Elaine, plays a ditzy actress. It's just all so entertaining for being very honest about worker relations and relationships- as in the relationships that Liz goes through. It's a funny look at how intensely creative workaholics, such as Liz go through life. Oh, yes and I tip my hat to the strong supporting actors: Tracy Morgan and Jack McBrayer, among others.


My new friend:

No matter what people say, "People who need people are the luckiest people in the world...."(from the movie Funny Girl). I met someone online, so we went out. Though our intentions were unpure from the get-go, our relationship turned, quite nicely, into acquaintance-ship. I told a friend the other night :"My date was very much like me. I don't think it'll turn out to be anything." But I continued to receive text messages from the said "date", despite my thinking that I totally blew it, since we ended up doing nothing. (yes, I know my intentions are so unpure I'd put Casanova to shame)
My friend convinced me that this "date" is good for friendship.
"The text message is an olive branch for both of you to become friends," my friend said.
So far, we've lepaked and talked about work experiences while eating crappy sup ayam and kuey teow sup at a seafood stall. Hey, at least we've got a story to tell.

The old man with the cough:

One of my colleagues is a man of 55 years, but he looks like he's 70. Honestly. He always has a bad cough. But he's a damn good worker.
He's great to talk to and we hang out drinking teh tarik after finishing work. He's like this grandpa-figure in the office. It's very nice, really.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dont ask me why, I'm still hooked on Grey's Anatomy..

And Patrick Dempsey is so my McDreamy... *sigh*

Popular Posts