"If I were a boy/ even just for a day/ I'd crawl out of bed/
put on whatever I wanted and go"
The words from American singer-cum-actress Beyonce rings
through my ear. It's not so much of the tune, but the ferocity of Beyonce's
voice which affects me. She is strong in her singing. Like her
alter ego Sasha, Beyonce is a no-nonsense artiste who exudes
confidence.
I wish I have that kind of confidence right now.I am so darn tired since the past three days. Since coming
home from Kangar three days ago, Ibarely had enough sleep. I
am at fault for my fatigue. I can never sleep early. And
despite whatever outings I go for at night, and however late I
return home, I always always need to watch DVD movies before I
go to bed. So, if I were to return from karaoke with friends
at 1am, I need another hour or so to watch "Half Nelson" DVD
or The Tudors DVD.
Yup, my life revolves around those darn optical discs.
Now, back to Beyonce and that song. I so wish that I could
have that kind of ferociousness. Confidence is so elusive to
me. Sometimes I have it, sometimes I don't. Now, I don't have
much of it because I am so darn tired. I need drugs or booze
or some mind altering substance.
(Some trivia about the song:)The "If I were a Boy" song is being played to death on nearly
every radio station. The black and white music video is on overdrive at MTV,
Channel V and Hit.TV, as well as numerous foreign music
channels. You can't miss it. And you may have your own
opinions regarding the song - either good or bad opinions.

Comments

Popular Posts