A pal and I were determined to do something, ANYTHING on Christmas Eve. We were hell bent on cheering ourselves up on this mother of all festive days. At first, Solo and I made reservations for 4 at TGIF. But Putera Kelantan suddenly got a fever so that plan was scrapped.
There we were, Solo and I whiling away our time at the office at about 7pm. I was finishing some work, while Solo was lepaking with the internet. It had been a hectic day. Solo did four crime stories- about drug raids, drug traffickers being arrested, pistols being seized--and we both agreed that this southern city is one motherfucking crime infested city. Seesh...so much for home sweet home.

I had my share of work which I was struggling with. I was busy translating stuff and going on for an assignment at the hospital's children's ward ---A royal was giving out Christmas goodie bags to young patients. And when I cameback from the hospital, there were still some unfinished work.

Seesh-kebab! It was a fucking busy day, nyahs.

So at 7pm-ish, after our dinner plans had faltered, I flipped through the cinema listing in the Star.
"Woman. Nak tengok, The Day The Earth Stood Still or Yes Man?" I asked Solo.
"Yes Man!" YES, man! It was Yes man. I quickly booked our tix on the phone and we got tix for the 10pm show.


Coolness.

And so we watched this hillariously hillarious movie. Jim Carrey is this straight-laced banker dude who leads a pathetic life. But his life becomes exciting when he attends this motivation seminar which advocates the word "YES". Basically, Carrey's watak has to say yes to everything, or else there will be bad consequences. Or at least that's what Carl (Carrey's charcater) thinks. Nyahs, the dude ends up saying yes and learning guitar, learning Korean, bungee jumping. And he's a bank worker in charge of loan applications, so he ends up saying yes to every business loan applicant who comes by his office. Nyahhhh..

For me, THE best part of Yes Man was defintitely when Carrey sang "Jumper" while trying to coax a guy from commiting suicide. While Carrey serenaded the suicidal dude with guitar and song, the other people watching from the ground started singing Jumper together. Very the sing-a-long Hollywood moment. Similar to movies like My Best Friend's Wedding and the Sweetest Thing.

Oh yeah, me and Solo were laughing our heads off during the Movie Theme party which was thrown by Carrey's boss. Carrey's boss was holding a Harry Potter theme party and the guests were all watching Harry Potter and dressed in Harry Potter characters.
I laughed so hard lah--Funny as hell!

You guys must watch Yes Man - it's great for a laugh. It was definitely great for me and Solo.

Comments

Han Solo said…
It was so much fun, kan? I had a really good time :-). I'm glad we did dinner and the movie :-)

Popular Posts