Disclaimer: The following may be vague. Please allow me to be vague and unspecific because I am writing simply to vent a little, but mostly to exercise my writing skill.
-----------

This cyber cafe smells of crap. It is untraceable and I am sitting nowhere near the toilet. So I don't know what's the deal, man.
Addiction is a bitch. And it could be the downfall of you.
The last time I felt like this was six years ago in Federal Capital City. I remember at that time I felt so hollow, so empty spiritually. It was as if I had no purpose. No goals. And I was floating aimlessly between work and off days. Then my Boss transferred me out of my company's headquarters and that yanked me out of my daze. It woke me up, in a way. It exposed me to life in a rural state. It was a tough experience, but I emerged a better worker, and I made loads of new friends.
Back to my addiction/floating aimlessly days of 2004, I was in a daydream. And I hate having to feel like that again-now. I am taking a weekly class and learning something new. That's great. But there are moments when I feel so low that I simply want to indulge in all kinds of bad habits. And I spend up my money doing it, when I should be using the cash to pay back my study loan, pay my due taxes or take my parents away for vacation.
This is me being critical of myself.

Note to self: please do the resume as your friend asked you to do that night. I mean, why not? Trying your luck won't hurt.

Comments

Anonymous said…
one less blog to read. inspiration gone. sounds more like another endless string of "I hate my life" rantings. depressing and unremarkable. who needs to read about that crap? enuf said. i wish you goodluck. bye bye.

p/s: in case you wondering wondering, my name is chris from denver colorado. been following this blog for a few years. sick of it now. no more comments from me.
Hayden Ahmad said…
Thank you Chris from Denver, Colorado. I am sure your life is all peachy and perfect with a Nobel prize already resting on your mantelpiece. By golly, how I envy people whose lives are perfect (read: robotically boring) with nothing to complain about. I am sure I will read wonderful, perfect, constructive things in your blog, if I happen to find it. Till then, here's wishing you all the best, Chris. Even if you are actually from Seranggoon Road, Singapore.

Ramblinging
Anonymous said…
Hello Hayden,

I agree with you Hayden.

Nobody forced anybody to read anyone's blog. If you don't like what you see here, by all means please go away!

Leave us at let us be. Contrary to what 'Chris' had said, I happened to love reading those 'depressing and unremarkable crap'. At least he's honest about his feelings.

Probably 'Chris' was so spooked that somebody had the guts to write down in words what I think most people are feeling deep down and publish them on the web. Too much like your life 'Chris'? Huh?

Please go back to your perfect Singapore or Colorado life! good riddance!

Hayden, keep on writing and don't let anyone put you down.

p/s: What the hell does 'wondering wondering' mean anyway?
Anonymous said…
Ya, ya, kasi hantam sama dia!

Dey, thamby! Pooowwwdaaaahhhhh!

Chris is it? or Krishnamoorthy Kuduyappan?
Anonymous said…
Oooooh, cat fight! Meeeooowwww

But seriously, if its true that Chris has been following this blog for years, then he might have been one of your biggest fan and supporter. You shouldnt have lashed back at him like that. Its a bit too much if you ask me. Thats part and parcel of blogging. Sometimes you get bad comments but thats how you get better. Treat your readers with more respect. May you be successful.
Hayden Ahmad said…
Yes, anonymouses, I suppose you have points.

Though Chris was being critical of this blog, he had a right to offer his opinion.

You're right Anonymous number 4, I should not have lashed out at my reader.

Wherever you are now, Chris, thank you for your comments and I will try to improve. More importantly, I do wish you would continue reading this blog.

Ramblinging.

Popular Posts