Hello, my name is Ramblinging.


Music is good these days. Besides the new Madonna album, which I realise some people just don't like.

OK let's analyse this now.
Madonna.
Love her or hate her (or don't care about her), she has been around for ages. And it doesn't seem as if she's going away any time soon. Horse-riding accident? So what, she picked herself up the same day and attended a party. Shameless copy cat of every other music genre? So what, she earns big bucks spitting it out with her own Madonna stamp on them. Pissed off critics who say she can't sing/dance/act? So what, she's still doing it and people still watch her doing it.

God dammit what's the fuss with this woman anyway? Can't she just put a sock in it and stay at home like other women her age.

Let's put this into focus, shall we. When it comes to music, a good song is a good song is a good song. Regardless of who sings it, what her/his background is or how he/she looks.

So let us listen to the new track Hung Up, which is being blamed for a disco revival. Oh my God, seriously, sampling Gimme Gimme Gimme by Abba?

A magazine wrote ( I think it was Rolling Stone. What else?) that Madonna can still tap into her inner teenager as evident with the Hung Up song. The lyrics are quite juvenile, simple if you prefer. But I suppose producer Stuart Price wanted minimal lyrical content so as not to overshadow the trance/disco/house feel of the song.

I like the song. It's just that I wouldn't want to listen to it all night and day lah. Every time after I listen to the Madonna album I have to 'cleanse' myself with some rock music (i.e Coldplay, Fall Out Boy, The White Stripes).

Really, I am biased. I've always liked the woman. So whenever I listen to Confessions on a Dance Floor, I really enjoy myself. It's easy to get hooked to the optimistic 'Jump' song:

"I'm ready to jump
Get ready to jump
Just take my hand"..... forgot the lyrics but it's about changing yourself and being brave enough to take that leap, hence..JUMP

Another favourite is 'Forbidden Love' in which Maddie duets with an electronic sounding voice. Gosh, I guess robots have taken over. It's creepy in the robotic, Brand New World/ Transformers kinda way. But hell it's darn catchy.

I ADMIT, the end parts of the album is a tad slow compared to the first half.


So there, that is my two cents worth for the new Madonna album. Really, I DO think that she has done it all so whenever she comes out again, it's like, ok so what? But hell, the Hung Up song is good. So let's just enjoy it then.

More importantly, she should come over here for a concert. Judging from her past tours she knows how to put on a cool performance. Too bad her 2004 Reinvention Tour, which included her popular old songs only concentrated in the US.

Comments

Popular Posts