SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI!
maaf zahir dan batin......




There's this girl who was abducted while riding her friend's car. That was almost three days ago. The story goes that her kidnappers got the wrong person. They had actually wanted the girl's friend who was driving the car. The friend fortunately escaped before the abductors fled with the car.

So now, I'm waiting for the girl to be released. You'd think that the captors would have release the girl considering they got the wrong person. It's sad. You should see the family. They're not getting any sleep, worrying all night. The family is not wealthy. The kidnapped girl's dad is only a driver.

That's why I'm on on call until the girl returns.

+++++++++++++++++++++


That's work. As for Hari Raya, it came and went in a flash. I went back to Johor and before I knew it, I was back here.

The kids had the most fun. My anak-anak buah took over the house and watched Cartoon Network all day. The way they played reminded me of how fun Raya was when we were kids. All we thought about was duit raya, baju raya, kasut raya, playing mercun, eating kuih raya---Raya was so much fun when we were younger.

It made me realise that the baton had been passed down to the next generation. Since my grandad died two years ago, my family has stopped gathering at the house in Kajang. Everyone started to make their new raya traditions. My parents started holding their own Raya in JB. So my brother and sister would both come back to JB.

Watching my anak buah play reminded me of times when I used to play with all my cousins at my grandpa's house. I can see it in them: the total bliss when you're five or eight and you meet up with your cousins who are the same age, so what do you do? Play play play, of course!

And boy, my nephews and nieces have all made friends with each other. Gosh, it's amazing how times have changed. It also made me realise how old my parents are. Life is short, you know. I'm getting older and my parent's are getting older. I no longer get baju raya and duit raya ( I only bought one polo shirt from Padini- that's my ONLY baju raya besides a new pair of baju melayu).

Instead I'm giving out duit raya. Even buying baju raya isn't that fun anymore. I just felt so empty buying clothes for myself during raya. I reckon, hey, if I needed new clothes I could buy it any time of the year!

So that's my new grown-up raya tradition.

Comments

Popular Posts