Steady as she is
My Love Mistress
caresses my forehead
Whispers, "Are you lonely tonight?"

Those dogs are barking at night
My bed is empty
The sight is of loneliness
Pale Blue bedsheet like the sea
I'm on my sailboat
drifting aimless

I've been thinking of you
But do I do anything?

Not a word. Not even a phonecall.
The TV is off.
My cigarette lit.
I'm alone in my living room scribbling
something you'll never see

I'm surrounded by friends, so dear to my heart.
But why di I feel empty?
Like that lone sail fluttering at sea.

I look out yonder,

It's nothing but those lights,
Shimmering afternoon sun. The water
vast uponme. I feel free.
Unlike that prison I've made
for myself, as a loner
as a meek loner.

I think of you.
But do you ever think of me?
You ask me to save it
all for you.
It's my responsibility, you said.
You're too far away.
While the one nearby is calling my name.
"Come over," she says.
"I'm lonely tonight"

I have all these things
which I get when I'm sad.
Nothing but material trappings.
There's nothing like being with someone.
Knowing that person's there for you.

Like my shadow,
my best friend.
No one is an island.
All I see is that empty sea.
That empty, bare sea.
I'm blinded by the midday sun.

Please.
Please, help me.

I need your help,
I'm just a loner
who knows he can't be alone.
Who's sick and through with this solitude.

Care for me.
I never knew of 'give and take'.
I never did receive for I never knew what to give.
Help me.

I confess I'm lonely tonight.
I'm vulnerable tonight.
Get this sickness out of my head.
I don't want to feel it anymore.

My Love Mistress
She clutches me tight,
I look the other way, I'm miles away.
But my mistress still cluthes me tight.

Comments

Popular Posts