You Always Want What You Can't Have

I'm in the office, it's 11pm and our sports stringer's having diarrhoea and he's sprawled on the couch surfing TV channels. I'm having my second cigarette of the night. Seesh, I don't whether it was the movie I just watched, or whether I'm in the mood --- I just needed some nicotine.

I was working today, but I felt so lazy. I was off yesterday, so it's no wonder I was feeling really slow in the productivity department.

Yesterday I went to Penang and did the usual activities I do...and more! I finally bought a new pair of sneakers. I needed a new pair. I din't have any good running shoes. And Studio R (the sports apparel shop was having a sale at Gurney) So, apa lagi? My shoes was selling 50 per cent off. It was only RM124. Later I met up with NewJ's friend, Rebecca (code name lah). We went to the Domino's Pizza at Gurney Plaza and I devoured a pepperoni pizza in 20 minutes tops. All the while, Rebecca, being the queen she is just sat there saying, " It's OK dahhhling, you eat up. I'm vegetarian now." Did I mention it was her treat?

And then the strangest thing happened. This Irish family of mat sallehs at the neext table gave us a free pizza! Pepperoni, some more! They had ordered so much pizzas, they couldn't finished the last one they ordered.
"Do you want this pizza?" The middle-aged Irish guy asked us. And I was still devouring my own pepperoni slice at the time. "We haven't touched it all. Please take it."

Nyahh..dah lah mak memang suka pizza. I wanted to save it for NewJ, but he declined the offer. So now it's still sitting in my fridge. Don't worry, I've eaten half of it a few hours ago.

-----------

Oh, by the way, my theatre friend qualified for that reality show on TV9. The entrepreneur-wannabe guy. The other friend who wanted to direct films didn't make it.
But I feel so happy that he got through. It's fab. I mean, I was once shortlisted for a reality show too. They wanted me to attend the auditions at Astro two years ago. But I told Astro I could not attend the try-outs because I was working. I was covering the general elections. My friends still remind me of that audition sometimes.
"Nyah, ko ingat tak when they called you for that audition?" my friends would sometime remind me. Yeah, I do feel sad that I couldn't go. But I believe I had to go through ALL THIS to be who I am now. Being in this line of work exposed me to many things. Things I'd never even bothered about. With this job I was forced to know about those things. Politics! Crime! Sports! Entertainment!

If I look at it from the outside, dude, this is KICK ASS, man!

But as Teddy Greiger would sing, " You always want what you can't have...."

Again, I want to say that I'm happy for my freind who got made it through his audition. I was surprised how OK I felt about it. I was happy for him, which is really the way I should feel. I'm sick and tired of being spiteful and jealous. You know me lah, I always try to see the positive side of things. Of course, sometimes I'm comatose in front of the TV and smoke like a chimney and shut down my brain just to numb the pain...hehe (not all the time lah).



-----------------------------------

Comments

Popular Posts