Abang Taylor Hicks

2006 in Music

Nyahs, if i were to describe this year's music, I'd say it was extremely "Top 40 Radio"---I could listen to the radio for hours and not be repelled by it. OK, so most of the World's population has been listening to Radio for long durations for years now, but it is only recently that I found radio to be a joy again.

So here's a shout out to Radio in 2006. Congratulations Hitz fm for providing the hillarious Morning Crew, JJ and Rudy, and the wonderful hit music. Mix FM is perfect for those who want to listen to songs of the 80s, 90s and today. Light & Easy (now known as Light FM) is for fans of easy listening songs---I look forward to oldies such as "Love Will Keep Us Together" and that original Superman love song "Could You Read My Mind" on Light FM.

2006 saw the birth of a new Malay language Media Prima radio station, Hot FM. Not bad. It can give Era a run for its money. Fly FM is still as zany as ever, unfortunately we can't get it in places like Kedah and Kelantan.

Red FM is another unique radio station- you can hear obsure hits from the 90s on this station. I've heard " Damn I Wish I was Your Lover" by Sophie B Hawkins a gazillion times on Red FM, as also Ali Campbell's "That Look in Your Eyes" and Del Amitri's "Roll To Me".---basically, many old hits.


In other music news, American Idol winner Taylor Hicks was proof that you can make it big at any age, regardless of your grey hair. Dude, "Do I Make You Proud" is one kick-ass song.

On Billboard, which tabulates the airplay of songs and sales of CDs in the US each week, the number one song last year was Daniel Powter's "Bad Day". Nice one, kan. The Americans are slightly behind us on this one because we've been hearing that song since 2005.

Comments

Popular Posts