Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Celebrating the New Year made me hate 2006 even more. By midnight
of 31 December 2006, I felt I hadn't achieve anything.
Look, 2005 was full of drama- transfers, car theft, culture shock, traveling! - but 2006 was void of all that. I've been feeling a bit sad recently. I don't know why. And it doesn't help that the year's ending.
Even the year's music, which I've been trying to
review in this write up, is sounding so uninspiring. I NEED NEW
INSPIRATION.

My friend and I celebrated the new year at a noisy restaurant. The place was
packed with drunk and noisy partygoers. We were both bitching about the year and desperately trying to find the best moments of 2006. I complained about how I didn't take a holiday this year. My friend complained how pathetic her love life was this year.

So here I try to find some nice moments from the past 12 months. But really, darlings I'm so glad 2006 is over... "Good Riddance, 2006!"


Here are my personal best moments of 2006:

---My Theatre show---
This was in March. I was acting a small role, Piee, the guy who leaves the
kampung to go work in KL. Unfortunately Piee is such an ungrateful and "lupa
daratan" bastard that he doesn't balik kampung for years. And when he does,
he's the biggest asshole cause he only wants to blackmail a village elder for
the latter's intention to take on another wife. I think I was on stage for
maybe, ten minutes. The play was about 90 minutes.
But I'm glad I finally got back to theatre after being away for four
years. Recently I got to remembering about an acting class I took just after I graduated. I was jogging near my house, stuff from acting class came to mind. I
loved this one piece I performed entitled "Ducks", which I did with a girl named Alicia. I think that was her name. We both played ex-lovers who meet after spending
a few years years apart. My character was blaming the break-up on Alicia's character. I just loved it. Even while jogging, I was blurting out some of my lines. And I could feel each emotion which came with a particular dialogue.
I thought how people like Sean Penn and Rosyam Nor did all that for a
living. I thought about how fun the class was.

A lot of my acting classmates have become famous. Linus starred as the best
friend of the male lead in Sepet. Soraya, who had been modelling for a long
time, starred in Buli (as Patrick Teoh's leggy personal assistant). Juliana
Ibrahim, well she is so hot now that's she's everywhere (i.e Gubra, All About the Money, etc). All of them are kick-ass, dude. But I'm kick ass too. But the last time I spoke to Linus he lambasted me for doing a unfair review of a Dance recital.
Whatever lah. I'm looking forward to doing production work for another play this year.
So there, that's something to look forward too, right?

( I was also the Stage Manager in another play we did a few months ago- that
too, was fun.)


p.S....I want to thank a dear friend whom I had dinner with last night. I told her about how depressed I felt during New Year's eve, and she pointed out all the lovely things in my life which deserve a shout out:

-I have my family. I visited my parents a lot in 2006. And that, well, makes me a filial son. Hell, yeah!

-I'm doing better at my job. Oh come on, working for a few years makes you wiser- in your job. It may not seem like it many times, especially for myself. But I gotta give myself some credit.

Speaking of visiting parents all the time, well, that was one of my personal
MOST POPULAR TRENDS of 2006:


---Being in JB all the time---

One minute I'll be driving along Lebuhraya Darulaman in Alor Star, and 12 hours later I'll be having roti canai in Taman Tasek, JB. That's how "neither here, nor there" I was this year. My mom became concerned, telling me: "I'm glad that you're
coming home often. But you don't have to do it too often. Save your money."

The worse part was the longing I felt whenever I returned to Kedah. After
spending three days in JB, watching Astro, walking around the City Square
shopping centre and spending time with my parents; and once I return to AS
all I think about would be JB - the streets, the neighbourhood.
But I suppose I think a lot about JB because I practically go back every single month. I've never done that when I lived in KL.
Am I sick? Am I pathetic. I don't know. I'm just stating what happened dude.

Comments

Popular Posts