Nyahs, as the group agreed during the trip: it ain't Incredible India. It's Amazing India. The food was excellent, the people were so colourful, so full of life, and as greybits wrote in her blog, it was sensory overload- in a good way. All I got to say to greybits: remember Spencer Plaza...nyah, at every turn, a cute guy!

I'll write more soon, but for now I want to save lyrics of two John Mellencamp songs (I finally found his greatest hits double CD in India)

John Mellencamp Jack And Diane Lyrics

Here's a little diddy, about Jack and Diane
2 American kids growin up in the heartland.
Jacky's gonna be a football star
Diane's debutante in the backseat of Jacky's car

Suckin' on chili dog outside the tasty freeze.
Diane sittin' on Jacky's lap, got his hands between her knees
Jacky say, "Hey Diane, let's run off 'hind a shady tree,
Dribble off those Bobby Brooks, let me do what I please.

Jacky says, oh yeah life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin is gone
Say uh, oh yeah life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin is gone. They walk on.

Jacky sits back, collects his thoughts for the moment
Scratches his head and does his best James Dean.
Well then there Diane, we oughtta run off to the city.
Diane says "Baby, you ain't missin' a thing"
Jacky say uh,
[ Lyrics found on http://www.metrolyrics.com ]


Oh yeah life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin is gone
Oh yeah they say life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin is gone
He walks on.

Gonna let it rock, let it roll
Let the bible belt, come and save my soul
Hold on to 16 as long as you can
Changes come around real soon, make us women and men.

Oh yeah, life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin is gone
Oh yeah, they say life goes on
Long after the thrill of livin is gone

Little diddy, about Jack and Diane
Two American kids doin' best they can
-----------------------
Hurts So Good
John Cougar Mellencamp
(John Cougar Mellencamp/G.M. Green)

When I was a young boy,
Said put away those young boy ways
Now that I'm gettin' older, so much older
I love all those young boy days.
With a girl like you,
With a girl like you,
Lord knows there are things we can do, baby,
Just me and you.
Come on and make it
CHORUS:
Hurt so good.
Come on baby, make it hurt so good.
Sometimes love don't feel like it should.
You make it hurt so good.
Don't have to be so exiting.
Just tryin' to give myself a little bit of fun, yeah.
You always look so invitin'
You ain't as green as you are young
Hey baby, its you.
Come on, girl, now, its you.
Sink your teeth right through my bones, baby.
Let's see what we can do.
Come on and make it
Chorus
I ain't talkin' no big deals
I ain't made no plans myself.
I ain't talkin' no high heels
Maybe we could walk around all day long,
walk around all day long.
Chorus twice
Hey, hey

Comments

YO said…
Hello!! visit my blog!! xxx
Anonymous said…
This is great info to know.

Popular Posts