Live, an American rock band popular during the mid-nineties.

div>

Lagu Lagu Hit Suatu Masa Dulu (a.k.a. The Best Rock Songs from the Past 20 Years )---Rock


Spoonman- Soundgarden


Chris Cornell has never sounded better. And so far he has yet to top this off. This song from the band's 1994 album Superunknown was an MTV and radio hit. It hit all the high notes thanks to Cornell's heavensent lungs. It packs a wallup from blistering start to its lovely end. Put this on if you wanna go back to Summer '94- Messy long hair, Lollapooza, Grunge and Seattle. Those were the days.



Interstate Love Song/ Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart/ Plush - Stone Temple Pilots


Long regarded as a Pearl Jam clone, STP were the underdog of all other underdogs during the Grunge era. But their latter albums No. 4 and Shangri-La Dee Da cemented their status as Rock's favourite chameleons. They are as comfortable belting out scorching rock athems as they are shimmying 'pondan-like' on glamrock (Tumble in the Rough, Big Bang Baby).

Bear with me now, they are my favourite band....Interstate Love song (Purple, 1994) was the perfect closing for the Summer of Grunge. Its laid back beat and melancholic themes was a lovely addition to all the Soundgardens and Pearl Jams at the time. The video, as with many STP videos was dreamy and tasteful. If I had to pick my favourite STP track, it'll be this one.


Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart - this song came about two years after Purple. Vocalist Scott Weiland's vocals sounded more different through the years. I don't know if it was the drugs or was it just life. But this one is a funky, thumping number to accompany any headbanger's ball (copyright MTV circa earli 1990s)



Plush - this was their first hit single. It won a Grammy award and an MTV award for best new Artiste. STP would never perform this song during gigs, ever. many of the bandmembers disliked the song from the beginning because it sounded too much like the Boston rock scene. what tha?...But no one can deny the fact that it was a major song (for the world and for me) during that time.





Name - Goo Goo Dolls

The band's first song from way back in '95. It had all the angst and all the heartfelt balladry that the Goo Goo Dolls have been known for.

Inside Out - Eve 6

They were named after an episode of the X-Files. How nerdy can you get? Thankfully their music's not as nerdy. this song was a straight-up tequilla-esque shot of Modern rock or Alternative or whatever the hoopla you called it back then. Headboppers unite.

The Middle - Jimmy Eat World

The crown princes of emo-rock's breakout hit. It had a fun video of crazed-up california looking teens dancing in their underware. But please, do notice the song...the lyrics are inspirational (Don't write yourself out yet/it's only in your head/ you feel left out/ or looked down on), and the beat is infectious as hell.


Selling The Drama/ I Alone/ All Over You

God bless the Daughtry guy for inviting this band to perform in American idol's finale two seasons ago. Their album Throwing Copper was a gem among Rock albums in the mid-nineties. God bless them and the hours of musical joy they brought to me during my youth. Here's the thing you need to know about Live (pronounced as in live shows) - they can be as sweet and jiwang when they want to, especially in ballads Turn My Head and Heaven. But they can Rawk like there is no esok hari in The Dam at Otter Creek. The three songs aforementioned combines the best of both skills . One minute vocalist Ed is whispering sweet nothings in your ear, the next thing you know he's wailing high pitched about the preciousness of love. I feel you, brother.




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal notes:





Subashini- she had an oval face- slighly chubbby looking in the
cheeks if seen from certain angles, but she compensated any chubby
remarks with her dazzling smile. Her raven black hair always
looked shiny. her eyes were big and dark hazel. They were far-apart
Her nose which resembled a pear. "when she took up tango lessons
back home, the elderly dance intsructor Ramesh teased her about
her nose."I'm going to fall madly in love with you Miss Subashini. Fall for
your sparkly big round eyes and your cute nose shaped like a
pear."Su would roll her eyes whenever she talked about Mr Ramesh and his
tango class. Of course she had the body for Tango. She was fluid and lithe when
it came to dance.



-----------------


hari ni: Jumaat

Tarikh: 20 Julai 2007

Waktu sekarang: 11.03 malam di Pejabat Pos Besar Bandar Hangar Town.

Apa Perasaan: entah le, rasa macam sial je. Off day hari ni tapi bangun pukul 3.30. I kid you not. Work has been very very very very unproductive. Close to being non-existing. But outside of work, life is slighly better. Le theatre avec mes amies dans Starcity. Tres bien!


About the work issue--aku very the malas nak bangun tido in the mornings. I need a holiday? Maybe. For a split second I was very the bersemangat to kerja last night. But then my kerja "tak keluar". So apa lagi..rasa kecewa. Tapi saya tak patut rasa kecewa sebab saya mesti bekerja keras lagi. (I'm prepping myself here)


Tuan tuan dan puan puan. Niat saya untuk menulis sesuatu yang berguna pada kalian. Tapi malangnya otak Encik Ramblinging sudah "melangok" (meander) ke merata tempat.


Ketandusan Inspirasi:


Susah sangat kah untuk mendapatkan inspirasi jiwa? Muzik masa kini amat membosankan. Tak kira hang ni Hitz, Mix, Light FM, Era, Hot atau 'dan lain-lain', semuanya amat mengecewakan.


Saya sudah kata dalam kemasukan blog saya sebelum ini, muzik sekarang semuanya membosankan. Saya terpaksa mendengar koleksi lagu dalam Windows Media Player saya.


Now Playing : This Time Around

Artist: Hanson (Don't laugh ok. It's a nice song lah...)

Genre: Fuck that. Music ain't about genres! (Dengan izin. yang DiPertua Dewan Blogger)


before that was Dave Matthews Band's The Space Between (Dah lama tak dengar pasal mereka)


Now Now Playing: HERE"s TO THE NIGHT we felt alive, here's to the tears you knew you'd cry...here's to the goodbye, tomorrow's gonna come too soon. .....God bless EVE 6.


Where? Where Have All the Good Songs Gone?

And while we're on that, Where Have All The Cowboys Gone? Now that was an INTERESTING song, don't you think?


A word on "What I Saw On Telly". Common DC, you can write so so much better than that. Instead of giving us a FORM THREE level essay on your favourite band, and serving all the band trivia you know, why don't you write about what you actually think of the band?


tension, lah gua ni. OK, sabar.











<

Comments

Anonymous said…
motif boring??? patut pon hajak aku g menghabiskan helaian wang ringgit kat uptown.
baju tu maching dgn mak le nok! wah mcm kak G dlm malaysian idol lak ek.
ini lagu yg sesuwai utk ko. aku dh ubah ckit lyryc die. ckit je. sesuwai utk si Hitam yg tgh menggali lobang kubor kata Pak Aji.
ekekekekekek ;)



I'm sitting here in a boring room
It's just another rainy Friday morning
I'm wasting my time I got nothing to do
I'm hanging around I'm waiting for you (lover - yg kononnye anti LTR)
But nothing ever happens - and I wonder

I'm driving around in my car
I'm driving too fast I'm driving too far
I'd like to change my point of view (pokok padi)
I feel so lonely I'm waiting for you
But nothing ever happens - and I wonder

*I wonder how I wonder why
Yesterday you told me 'bout a blue blue sky
And all that I can see
It's just another padi tree*

I'm sitting here I miss there power
I'd like to go out taking a shower
But there's a heavy cloud inside my head
I feel so tired put myself into bed
Where nothing ever happens - and I wonder

Isolation - is not good for me
Isolation - I don't want to sit in fornt of a padi tree
I'm stepping around in a desert of joy
Baby anyhow
I'll get another toy and everything will
happen and you'll wonder
Repeat*

I'm turning my head up and down
I'm turning turning turning turning
turning around
And all that I can see is just another yellow
padi tree

Popular Posts