As everyone knows, I have been working in a new posting. What some don't know is that my life now consists of work, eat and sleep. I sleep quite early nowadays. By the time I get back home from work, and right after I lepak with some TV or DVD watching, I fall asleep. I fall asleep very early, pobably because I wake up quite early to go to work. I have to wake up early because I'm working in a larger office now and there are many others who come in early. So I need to keep up with the pace of my new office.


Of course, there are some officemates who come in slightly later than usual, and they have all reason to do so because they have nothing on during the early morning. I sometimes don't have anything "on" during the early morning, but I need to be early during this transition period.

I can't take things for granted. I actually signed a personal deal with myself to "not take this transfer for granted". I need to be reminded that I'm so so lucky and I have it good. So even if things seem crazy, I need to see that my life is good.


Another reason why I try to come early to the office is because my boss comes early. So, there you go: I have to follow his lead, right?


OK, enough about the early bird catches its worm bit. Back to the "not take things for granted bit." Now, it is so very easy for me to get into a complacent groove when I'm in my hometown. I'm living at home, and pretty much living off the comfy and lavish place called HOME. It is a great home which is complete with furniture, food, Astro, a fucking washing machine, etcetera. It's basically is a fucking Hilton Hotel for my standards. This is a far cry from my previous transfers in which I stayed in hotel rooms followed by rented houses followed by freaking out of the first order (because you get transfered to an unknown place). My idea of accommodation meant empty terrace house with TV, DVD player, mattress and nothing else. Of course, I slowly learnt the importance of making a home for yourself as the years went by. Colleagues had advised me to make my rented home as comfortable as possible, because really folks, everyone needs a nice pad to chill out in after a long stressful day at work. Now I can proudly say that I'm an owner of a couch, 21 inch TV set, queen size bed, a lovely wooden sliding door closet and sturdy TV cabinet. Mmmm, owning furniture rocks! Unfortunately, I may have to part with some of them because I so tak larat to bring all of them home to Southernmost Town. I've decided to sell most of my furniture to my housemate in Hangar Town. Besides, I have no space to put all my furniture at my parents' place.


Comments

Popular Posts