Merde...

Yesterday was shitty. It really was. It was my off day yesterday, and I had diarrhoea and fever. How unlucky could I be right? But the worst part is when diarrhoea hits you while you are sleeping. It hit me when I was semi-unconscious. So when I woke up, at about 12.30pm, with a burning temperature during hot hot weather, the day was bound to be shitty. Literally shitty. There was a lot of cleaning and washing involved.

The doctor said it may be mere dehydration. Nevertheless, the young doctor at our company's panel gave me medicine for the tummy ache, diarrhoea and fever.
I did not need to take medical leave. I felt better by night time.
So now here I am in the office today. I feel better, but I can't help think how literally shitty yesterday was. And it's worse when there's no one at home- my parents have been on vacation for the past week. But they'll be home tonight.

It's still too early in the day to talk about today. I have yet to go out for my assignment, which is in 45 minutes time. And beginning tomorrow, I'm in charge of the lifestyle and entertainment pages for the whole week. That means I need to go for food reviews, look for interesting shopping places, review bands or clubs or any "lifestyle" thingy for the rest of the week.

Right now, my boss is in his room doing some work, while only a handful of colleagues are in the office. The others are either at assignments or having breakfast- It is only 10.50am on a Sunday morning.


My life is all about getting better right now. And about transfering my stuff home two weeks from now. And then trying to get a life, which is always on my plate since the dawn of time. But hey, I think I'm doing quite alright.

Television last night was nice. I watched "Stepmom" movie on HBO. It's the 1998 film starring Julia Roberts, Susan Sarandon, Ed Harris and the young girl who was Hayden Christensen's love interest in "Life as a House". The movie was intense, which is what I like most times. But it was nice to watch it again after more than 10 years.
It's about a mother of two kids (Sarandon) who has to deal with the existence of a stepmother (Roberts) who is the love interest of her ex-husband (Harris).
Basically it's about kids and a mom who cannot get along with the stepmom. Despite the stepmom Roberts trying to get along with her and her kids, it is proved futile until something big happens. Mom Sarandon is diagnosed with cancer and she has to come to terms with her mortality, while letting go of the fact that she can't be supermom all the time. Stepmom Roberts, on the other hand, has to deal with the fact that she may never be the perfect mother like Sarandon, but at least she could try. Harris' role is so miniscule that it is sad, to think that he shined like a bright acting beacon in other movies such as Pollock and The Hours. But when you have a Julia and a Susan - drama queens supreme- all hail,yall - you better get the hell out of the way. Seperti biasa, both actresses gave good performances . Sarandon proved to us that she is still smoking with the acting chops.
Drama queens love to watch drama, kan?

Comments

Popular Posts