Making Sense of This Stressful Season

It's that time of year again when we celebrate Hari Raya Aidilfitri. My life is weird, lonely and self-absorbed. I had broken fast by myself severakl times this past month. What to when you don't have much people hanging around. Then there came the time when I deliberately broke fast on my own- I preferred to eat by myself. But, heck, it sucks to just be lonely and alone all the time. I thank God for my lovely friends in the office Adhock, Rush, Rice and Poll. I have friends in Star City such as Bidah whom I can count on to break fast with - anytime, anywhere.

Never tell us (private joke- Huns and Double J in the Petshop would understand), I am stoked and determined to write a new blog entry. Though my work has been pretty lame these past few days- I feel that I've been taking it easy, despite the fact that there have been late night assignments of seizures of contraband- I feel a need to get out of this crap hole we call "Shitsville".

Yes, folks. This is what some people call a depressing blog entry.

But, don't worry folks, I will be optimistic if it's the last thing I bloody do

Let's talk about the work part of recent day. (And when I write talk, I mean discuss and write it out as the opposing voices in my head argue).

Why? Why? Haven't we been down this route before? Aiyo, just get along with it lah.
The fact is that work is like a beast you need to tame. You let it slide and it will become the ular sawa which sleeps all day and becomes fucking unproductive. Now, if you train the beast, and let it exercise and continually do things for you, then the beast will benefit you. The beast would be happy too!
In other simpler words, work needs to be done and not deliberated lengthily. As Nike says, Just do it. Rambler says, just FUCKING do it. haha...

Ok, let;s discuss about my loneliness. Obviously I letting that darn statistic get to my head. There's this opinion where kononnya suicide rates in the US are the highest during the Christmas season i.e Festive season. Guess what? Many studies have refuted this claim as well. So who knows what's the truth. Like this story on New York University's Langone Medical Centre:

"The reason behind the claim that depression rates and suicides rise during the holidays is that holiday cheer amplifies loneliness and hopelessness in people who have lost loved ones, or who have high expectations of renewed happiness during the holiday season, only to be disappointed. Others think the increase in anxiety and gloominess is caused by the unavoidable stress, exhaustion, and frustration that come with preparing for the holidays."

The article goes on to say that there's no truth in relation between the holidays and suicidal depression.

So get out of this, lah.

Ramadan is a holy month. It is a blesses month. I'll be damned to associate this meaningful month with depression. Sure, we get stressed out when we celebrate less than our next door neighbours, who may be pulling a Raya sakan with their huge family. But, aiyo, let's not stress it, man.

We make a Hari Raya that we want. Make Hari Raya to whatever you want it to be. Suit it to your family and your family traditions

Comments

Popular Posts