Being off is nice. But sleeping all day is not. I know I need the rest because I've been sleeping odd hours for the past week. I've been waking up late for work. That's not good. So, I hope I have paid all my sleep dues this week. I must be well rested for tomorrow's work day.
My off day was fab. I had McDonald's- Big Mac and fries. It never tasted so good! I suppose I was dying for some McD. I had really wanted something different from the usual nasi and lauk and kuih muih for buka puasa. I watched a few episodes of Gossip Girl. It's official, I'm into Gossip Girl, and as a result I have ditched my other DVDs: Dexter, Private Practice. "You know you love me, xoxo Gossip Girl...." that's the famous tagline in the series. And actress Blake Lively, who plays Serena is quite good. Blake Lively is a newcomer who looks like a young Cate Blanchette. She's quite a find. And the other cast members leave a good impression as well.
As a friend said the other day, "Gossip girl is the Beverly Hills 90210 of the new millennium". I kinda agree. It is set in New York City, which is pretty much the hippest city for America's Generation Y. And like 90210, it revolves around a bunch of rich kids. Like Brenda and Brendan before, there are the lesser-rich kids , Dan and Jenny Humphrey. The show is wicked wicked fun, especially in the cat fights between Serena and the show's Queen Bee, Blair. I was rooting for Dan all the way, because he's such a smart, shy kid who finally gets his crush, Serena. Dan and Serena make a great couple. Dan is your Chandler type while Serena is one of the most popular girls in school. Hmmm...Go watch the show, ya!

Comments

Popular Posts