It's been a long time
_____________________



It's been a while since I last wrote sanely in my blog. Most of the past few entries have been very emotional. Now I'm inspired to write like a normal and sane person after reading my friends' blogs. I must say they are all very good at writing their blogs. Some of them provided a comprehensive insight into their daily lives, while others were very philosophical. Most were written very well- not suprising considering many of my friends are currently or used to be, writers.
I remember when I wrote a very frank entry several months back, and immediately I received comments saying it was a wondeful entry- Many were surprised because they didn't know that I felt that way about myself.

Since then there have been regular journal-like entries, angry verses and even news articles published on my blog. Oh yeah, who can forget that I even have a serial novel on my blog- about some dude named Jake. Sishh..

All this I do because I simply love writing. I can't deny it, man. Though sometimes I feel like the words are just not coming out when I work. But at the end of the day, I have to be frank about myself.

Dude, I have been writing my ass off for as long as I can remember.
When I was suffering in boarding school in Kelantan, writing stuff was one of my forms of release. If I felt depressed or homesick, I would just tear a page from my examination pad and start writing--just pouring out everything I felt during that time.

When I was in boarding school I wrote all these poems about how I was feeling- which was usually shitty.

Then when I started university I began a journal. A collection of writings I'd do when I felt like it. Though the writings came out very inconsistently, I still keep to that journal-- all together I have about four journals since I started university six years ago. Now, I write in my journal whenever I can't express myself in any other way.

It's lovely really, expressing your thoughts and feelings through writing.

And I've always been good at the composition stuff in school, often scoring high grades and even winning some small contest during primary school.

*I told my interviewer during my last job interview that I thought I was a good writer because I had won that contest. I told my interviewer that the prize was proof of my competency in writing.

HOWEVER, nowadays I'm often embarrassed at the things I write. Most of the time, my stories become so heavily edited that I don't recognise them anymore when it comes out on print.
Because I have to write hastily and have tight deadlines, I end up writing something so imperfect. Yeah, so I know that I can't dwell too much on something because nothing is perfect. Or maybe I should live by the words of Noel Gallagher in the Oasis song 'Little by Little'--------"TRUE PERFECTION HAS TO BE IMPERFECT".

The point is that I hate what I write at work because I am uninterested in the stuff I have to write about.

Though many of it concerns vital issues such as politics, economics and current affairs; I just don't get goosebumps when I report and write about it.
Sometimes I catch myself yawning when I go through the story with my editor. More so because once I'm uninvolved, I tend to get bored. I don't mind writing the story for myself, but if I just sit back and watch somebody do the work for me (eventhough that somebody is clearing my piece), then I would get bored. Capisce?

For me I have to physically DO something to actually learn something. I myself have to be involved. I can't stand just sitting back and just taking in input.

Recently I have been quite rusty in terms of my writing, mostly due to my lack of practice through blogging and journals. But this morning, at almost 3.00 AM, I really FEEL like writing.

What are some of the stuff I'm proud to have written?

-That story on ten Australian tenors who did a gig in Genting last year. I just loved the intro, and it was left untouched. Woohoo!

-That story on a contemporary dance performance. I began the story with a question. Everything just flowed from the start. Once I came back from the assignment that night, I sat in front of my laptop and finished the story before bedtime.

-I liked this news story on an SMS hotline for domestic abuse or something. I liked the story because I got this quote from someone that went: "IT'S HIGH TIME THAT MALAYSIANS USE THE SMS FUNCTION FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN VOTING FOR AKADEMI FANTASIA."

I thought that was one hell of a quote.

-My first VCD review was also a good one. I loved the intro and it surprises me how quickly I came up with it. It was just a spontaneous idea at the top of my head.


I just love it when they don't change my intro
-One story I did on a contractor who got cheated after building several school computer labs was a memorable one. Despite slashing the story into a tiny seven-paragraph story, my boss left the intro untouched.

*********************************************************************************

Really great songs now-----------------------

You and Me- Lifehouse
Drop It Like Its's Hot- Snoop Dogg feat. Pharrel Williams
Lonely No More- Rob Thomas
Let Me Go- 3 Doors Down
Scars- Papa Roach
Holiday- Green Day (BY THE WAY, the American Idiot album is fucking fabulous!)
I Believe in You- Kylie Minogue
Hollaback Girl- Gwen Stefani (the original album version is so much better)
The new Backstreet Boys song is hot! (So sue me!)

Can't Wait For...
-----------------

Kingdom of Heaven-

directed by Ridley Scott, the guy who brought us Gladiator, Alien and Thelma and Louise- but then again he also brought us Hannibal.


Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith-

Please Mr Lucas, don't disappoint us again.
Hayden was better in 'Life as a House' while Natalie was illuminating in 'Garden State'. So what's the point? Personally, they should have just left it alone after the first movie.

Mr and Mrs Smith-

Directed by Doug Liman, the person that brought you 'Go' and 'The Bourne Identity'. Love your work, man!

Summer 2005-
It's that time of year when Hollywood spits out the big-budgeted blockbusters after big-budgeted blockbuster.
It's cool to wear barely nothing (OK, so it only applies to temperate climate countries, but who cares?) hehe
It's time to have fun- who cares if you are working either. Just have fun more dude!

************************************************************************************

Comments

Popular Posts