DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD
I was booed off the stage
In a play not meant for me
I didn't belong in that theatre even.
What was I even thinking?

But I'm here because I need to be,
The sacrifices you make just to get by
I make no apologies for my past
And I have no fear of my future

Though I am in a daze at times
Confused and thinking too much
I keep on growing, learning new things along the way.
Always regarding it as an opportunity.

As is this experience here.
It was one hell of a ride!
And one heck of a life lesson.
What's certain is that I'll never be the same again.
I can't go back to where I came from.

But I admit I repeat the same mistakes.
I fall down helplessly, unable to pick myself up.
It's history repeating itself.
Why do I keep doing that?
Some things I can't explain.

So here I am in the middle of things again
Writing what I feel inside
Because there are no other ways I could express this burden
That consumes me sometimes.

I write what I feel though at times I feel afraid to let it out.
I am inconsistent sometimes,
I've always been, since I can remember.
Can you say 'Hangat-hangat tahi ayam'?
That's just another thing about me
Another thing I've learned about myself.

These are just somethings about me, some understandable
While others are unexplainable.
How you like me now?
Do I still have your attention?
Or have you fallen asleep, bored?

Well I don't care what you think
Because people should never care about that.
They definitely must care about other people.
Love them for no one wants to be alone.
But to analyse thyself too much is wasteful.
Spend most of your time doing things you want,
Because life is too precious and too short,
To care what the people in school think about you.

Hey! As long as you are kind.
As long as you know what you want.
Spend your day doing things that you want to do,
While the remaining part you do what you are told.
Some parts of the day you do what you are supposed to do.

Comments

Popular Posts