Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri semua!

Maaf zahir dan batin.

Dah lama tak tulis pasal diri sendiri. Ye la, asyik2 cerita Jake tuh..macam la takde cerita pasal aku..Anyways I hope you guys bear with me, the Jake story is all jumbled up in events. Just think of it as a movie with a lot of flashbacks.
Thanks, Junie for your compliment on my blog.
Thanks deadwater for your compliment on Jake.

Was my off day today, so aper lagi, I slept and woke up late- 11am, not bad actually. I've waken up much much much later before. I told myself I would just jump to whatever I needed to do on my off day. So I did. I did my laundry, kemas my room sikit2, bought my bus ticket back to JB (Friday 4.30pm) and broke fast at Wan's place in Kajang.

Oklah, quite a fruitful day.

Now I'm surfing the net in gombak to research on transport and logistics. Papa Angel told me to do an interview with some guy who sets standards for transport- must be afriend of his. It's the second time, he assigned me for smething like this. Gosh I hope he aint the ohhsee tomorrow.

Anyways, in the past three days, I got my first EVER front page lead solo byline. Yay! It was the abandoned babies story. Yes, it was an exclusive. I can say it.

Well fuck me.

The weirdest thing was I was feeling a bit depressed that day. Despite making it on page one, I was holding myself back.
Thinking back about it now, I wanted to do certain things that day. Firstly, I wanted to do a fllow up to the story, but the contact (Welfare dept D-G) was out of town. I missed a Shahrizat PC, Darshini was assigned to it, but it wasn't on the schedule. I only knew about it later in the day. I did try to wait for Shahrizat before her buka puasa function. But I had a buka puasa with friends, which I had agreed upon to join.

My first instinct on getting that front page story was to belanja the whole desk pizza! But it was puasa, so backed off. I thought hey, I'll belanja the non-Muslims for lunch first, then I would buy another batch of pizza later in the evening for the Muslims.
I've often dreamed of getting a front page lead and treating the desk in a big way. I'd imagine that I had contacts in CoffeeBean and every reporter/editor would get a latte! I'd imagine serving pizza, pasta, salad and the works! A whole buffet even. I mean, a front page byline is cause for celebration, man.

Maybe I should fuck it and just belanja my ass off.

I'm thinkin biscuits or something you can keep for hours. I'd just give it to everyone. Tok Mat dulu kata dia nak KFC. I would I don't mind. It's just food. As they say 'makan toksah berkira'.

And as my brother-in-law says 'it is the politics of life'.

Sometimes I feel I'm holding back. I can go on. I'm fairly young, I should be using all this energy. I feel that when I finish work at night, I still have to let off steam by cruising or some shit. I felt a lot like that when I was in the po
litical desk. Dude, I was crusing every night after work, in my work clothes. Till that fateful night I got mugged.

Comments

Popular Posts