Oh My God......


My car battery went dead because I left my car lights on yesterday. Usually my Kelisa would emit a sound if I leave the lights on, after switching off the ignition key. Unfortunately it was raining cats and dogs when I dashed out of my car yesterday. I did not hear the ringing sound and I was rushing out of Mikey (my car's name) to have lunch at KFC. I was very da lapar siot.
It would be seven hours before I returned to my car. I knew something was wrong when I couldn't disable my car alarm. I thought, heck, maybe my alarm switch had a weak battery. So I grabbed my spare car keys and alarm switch, but I still could not unlock my car. I knew the battery was dead when I opened the car door manually and found my light switch on. I couldn't even turn the ignition key.

Thankfully two of my friends were still in the office. I had my dinner first (I had originally intended to drive to Nami's to have dinner) and told my friends what happened. We tried jump starting Mikey with Zeze's Proton Waja. There we were, with wires and bolts, trying to resuscitate Mikey but to no avail. Then my other friend Roza took one look at Mikey's car battery, and told me: "It's definitely dead. Look at the brand. it's 'cap parang'".
It wasn't exactly called cap parang but Nippo, which is basically an immitation car battery. A foremen installed it for me last year. I forgot how much I paid for it but I'm sure the foremen got a good deal out of my ignorance.

So for one night I was car-less, people. Not too bad lah. I spent the rest of the night finishing up some work and having supper with the Roza and Shaun, another colleague. Very much later, Roza sent me home. Thankfully home is about barely five km away.
Today, I bought a spanking new car battery and Roza helped fix it in. Finally, Mikey is back!



Comments

Popular Posts