Things I did today:

1) Worked.

2) Elaborate, you say? I Did story on my state's chief. Political piece. Piece of shit because, well, that's what politicians love to talk about - shit. Almost everything they say is always unattainable. But when it comes to the things politicians actually do, now that would be more interesting. I am waiting for them to FULFILL the things they say. Go on, you big-headed asshole, impress me.

3)Helped my new colleague do his story. It was a follow-up piece so I told him who to call up and what to ask. I'm pretty happy with this new guy so far. His command of the language is quite good. He just needs more training when it comes to the news format. He's got a good attitude, and so far he hasn't fucked up (and more importantly, he has not fucked me up). And he will forever be a great, understanding and co-operative colleague. Amin. Here's to a long and good working relationship.

4) Walked to the supermarket, instead of driving to the place. Come on, admit it. This town is so freaking tiny. So why should I waste my petrol to get to nearby places. Moreover, I was dying for some exercise today. It was 7.30pm. It was almost dark. I couldn't possibly go running at the park at that hour. What would all the people here think? Oh my, this city boy, gila ke apa? Jogging tengah-tengah malam. (Yes, of course I could opt for a 'fuck what people think and just do it- but not today, lah) So instead I decided to go walking with my work clothes, sports shoes and MP3 player blasting tasty rock songs in my earphones. It was a brief workout, but I managed to complete my grocery and Guardian shopping all at once. Nice.

5) System failure at headquarters. So instead of filing my work through regular means, I was forced to go to cyber cafes to print out my work (the printer in my office is not working. Damnation). After which, I had to walk happily back to my office to fax the darn work to my headquarters. Of course, there are plenty of other easier ways to file my work to HQ. But today, somehow, I did it the hard way. A complete waste of time and energy, ramblinging.

Comments

Popular Posts