Aku Gembira


Last night I finally did something I've always wanted to do. I volunteered at the State Arts Centre. Golly! It was so simple. I finished work just after 6pm, I headed home, then I came out with the intention to go someplace else, but instead I ended up driving to Taman Budaya in Pumpong.

I saw my friend there rehearsing with some teenagers. I called him up on my handphone just to be a drama queen. I asked him "what's up? What's your latest project." So before you knew it I become a stage hand in their a play.

I'm booked for two nights on October 2 and 3. The director, a bubbly lady, just looked at me and asked "Can you help us on Oct 3?"
The first thing I thought was "Do I have the time to do it? What with my uncertain schedule?"
But I thought, SCREW IT. I'm gonna do what I wanna do.

I must say the play is kinda wordy. My friend told me it was a hip hop play about a bunch of kids who wanted to be hip hop singers. Lacked a bit on the hip hop flavour. But the director said it was more of a comedy than anything else.

Anyways, I couldn't just blurt out the flaws on the first date, right? But I thought, it ain't about whether the play is realistic. It's just about couple of kids having fun. Or as one of the teacher's put it. "Pentas itu tempat untuk kita main." (The stage is for play)

Comments

Popular Posts