Bliss is Back


I think it was when I heard Madonna's "Rain" song yesterday I realised something. I knew right away that I needed to get back to that feeling of when I was 13 -the time when I first heard that song. That dreamy point in my life, where everything was possible. 'Dreamy' because I mostly live in my head, and it doesn't really translate into real life. Right about that time in 1993 - I 'transitioned' (as they said in the movie Never Been Kissed) from the dreamer, out-of-touch-with-the-real-world Me, to become Mr do everything-I-ever-wanted.

At about that time, I finally took up swimming lessons. I finally took computer classes (back then we learned Wordstar and Lotus- did I mention it was 1993?). It was like the coolest school holidays EVER. My mom was going- wahh..very busy ah you.. Twice a week I'd go to the club and meet up with my friend and we'd swim our asses off. I really was terrible at first. My instructor pening kepala I think. But I soon got the hang of it.
Computer classes were different. We'd go to this tiny shop lot in Tropical Inn and there would be all these kids crammed into this tiny hole of a shoplot and everyone would be typing furiously. It was mostly just copying down stuff but hey, time well spent, you know.

And the music..I remember the music most....

Rain- Madonna
Dreamlover- Mariah Carey
Breathe Again- Toni Braxton
Hero- Mariah Carey
I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)- Meatloaf
Plush- Stone Temple Pilots
All For Love- Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart and Sting
Please Forgive Me- Bryan Adams

My point? It was the age of MAGIC. Of course it didn't totally seem that way back then, but I guess I enjoyed myself a lot back then. It was a brief point in time that was blissful. It didn't last forever but that's what life is all about right? --to savour all those portions of bliss. That's why I envy my friends who feel satisfied over a lovely Tandoori Chicken and Naan bread set (yes you, honey!).

All I can say is, bring back the bliss, baby!

Comments

Popular Posts