Cajun Country



I've been to New Orleans. I was 11 and my family took a vacation in the US because my sister was graduating. She studied in Miami, so we flew down there. We visited LA first before going to Miami, and then traveled by car to New Orleans.

The birthplace of Jazz is a charming city to visit, filled with quaint little shops selling souvenirs with very friendly people.

My cousin married a Loisiana native, and he's really nice as well. That's the thing the people in Louisiana, they are really pleasant. Unlike the mat sallehs who were in LA. Gosh, the people at Disneyland, Anaheim near LA were really rude. I mean, you could feel they were looking down on us, Asians I mean. That was back in 1991, I hope the situation has improved now.

No such problem in Miami or New Orleans- these places are very diverse ethnically. You have the Hispanics, Asians, African Americans living harmoniously together.
New Orleans gives you that feeling- it's very diverse, lots of culture.

It was really sad to hear that the city was hit by the hurricane. The people are wonderful really. It was shocking to hear all the things that happened at the relief centres and all the looting- I guess some people are just sick, you know.

Anyways back to my trip, the food in New Orleans was great! Its speciality is Crayfish (small lobster-like seafood), which they eat like potato chips. You heap the dark red crayfish on the table, and just dig in baby.

The other 'sedap' thing in New Orleans are the holeless doughnuts- forgot the name, but it's smothered in icing sugar and so so delicious! I think it's called Pene? (pronounced 'penyeh') something like that lah.

Ooh food in New Orleans is best giler!

Comments

Popular Posts